Sign in to follow this  
TaganCO

Slow knife drop

I've been using my Creation PCUT for over a year now with no major problems...  tonight I went to make a few cuts and it seems like my knife drop is delayed.  Are there settings that I could be overlooking?  Do I need to oil something?  I've played with the pressure, switched out my blade and still get partial cuts (because the blade drops so slowly).  I have also played with my cut speed, fast or slow I get the same results.  Someone please help!

Think I got it figured out.  My pressure wasn't set high enough??  I cranked it up to 120 (usually I only cut at 90).  What's the 'standard'?

Think I got it figured out.  My pressure wasn't set high enough??  I cranked it up to 120 (usually I only cut at 90).  What's the 'standard'?

I don't really think there is a standard they all seem to be different.  As long as you are dialed in and it's working your good to go

Hey,

I got the same issue after re-installing everything on my laptop ('format c:' and so on :thumbsup: ). Previously the knife dropped instantly, but now it goes down like in a slow motion film. Up it moves instantly. Actually, the whole cutter seems to be slower than before. I am using Flexi starter, which for my understanding does nothing for controlling the speed of the cutter. I remember testing the speeds earlier and the max speed was so crazy that it felt like the cutter would fly through the garage walls with every movement of the blade holder. :huh:

Also, with same weight settings (around 120), it cuts through paper which has never occurred before. Okay, I've never used Avery chrome before, but still it cut the paper like hot knife butter. With Oracal materials I needed less weight than preciously, which felt quite odd too.

This is not a major issue as it is too slow only when cutting weeding boxes, but an issue anyway and should be fixed before it ruins some larger scale work.

Ideas anyone?

Regards

Marko