Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey06

Arching the whole cutable image

I've created a logo to go across a windshield but for the life of me I can figured out how to arch the whole image. I want to drop in down 1" in the middle so it will contour to the windshield line..

we did that to a race car a while back we cut it straight and because of the contour of the wind shield it laid perfect i wouldn't do an arch i would cut it straight

we applied it wet - white letters - black background

we applied the black first - then used a razor to trim it around the wind shield 

then applied the white letters turned out allot better than i would think it would

In illustrator:

size your image to ACTUAL size and zoom out....

select the rectangle tool...and click once on the artboard...it will open a box that lets you select the size you want. (this is just for measuring)

in the HEIGHT box put 1 inch (if it is set to pixels you need to go to preferences and set your measurement to inches.)

the WIDTH box can be whatever you want it to be...doesnt matter......hit ok

Now place the rectangle directly under the object that you want to arc, and align both the object and the rectangles vertical centers.

now just select the object...and click object/envelope distort/make with warp

in the box that appears...check the PREVIEW box...in the selection box up top, select ARC

move the box so you can see both the rectangle and the object selected and then just move the top slider until the bottom of the object lines up with the rectangle.

hit ok...then go to object/expand ... hit ok on that box.

There ya go :-[