Sign in to follow this  
lmasse8326

pcut 630 carriage replacement

I just received my new carriage arm and like usual no directions. I searched the forum and only found one post and I still cannot figure it out.

The post said loosen the screws that are at the end of the springs on the top of the carriage, this will allow you to pull the carriage off the track.

Does the printer cover come off? I can't reach the screws behind the springs.

I also have two other problems with the carriage. One roller doesn't look like it is on the track, can the rollers be adjusted?

My last questions is the black tube that slides into the silver box that is connected to the arm, is it supposed to have a screw in it? If so, this could be why I am having printing problems. I have more pictures...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

post-4496-12986552018901_thumb.jpg

post-4496-12986552019204_thumb.jpg

post-4496-12986552035684_thumb.jpg

post-4496-12986552035893_thumb.jpg

is this the instructions that you found?

Found on this thread  info left by Levi 

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,25735.0.html

In order to swap the carriage arm on this unit you must follow the steps below.

1) Remove the face plate from the carriage.

2) Loosen the hex screw at the top of the shaft that is connected to the carriage arm.

3) Loosening the two screws that are at the end of the springs on the top of the carriage. This will allow you to pull the carriage off of the track.

4) Remove the carriage arm and replace it with the new one.

Best of luck. Give us a call at 888-298-8143 if you continue to have problems.

yes that is the post that I was referring to. I still don't understand step 3.

I guess I'll have to wait until Monday and call us cutter. Thanks anyway

Lmasse,

This thread might also help you. http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,16198.0.html

and if the rollers are off the track, a certain amount of force will be required to "help" them back to where they need to be. I wish I was more familiar with the Laser Point's so I could walk you through this now. I'm still kinda green unfortunately. Good luck.

Thank you so much for that link, that is exactly one of my problems.

Now if I only knew how to remove the screws that are shown in the yellow diagram,

I will be on my way to replacing the carriage arm.

I can't fit a screw driver behind the springs....I also looked for a way to remove the printer cover, but I don't want to break it.

I didn't remove the two screws on the left front labeled "front spring guide"

would this release the carriage?

Thanks for helping me.

I would venture a guess to say that a little exploratory deconstruction wont hurt anything. Pay attention to what you take apart and in what order and don't be shy about it. Worst case scenario you can always call us on Monday and we'll (probably not me) walk you through it.