Sign in to follow this  
tlzimmerman

Clean Cut Blades - WOW

I know its been said time and again....but man just got my set in.....amazed at the performance.  First 60 degree blade and first clean cut, and wow I can pull things off already that were a real pita before.   :thumbsup:

They should be a default order with any new cutter in my opinion.

Just got blades from CleanCut and wow, when they say backoof on downforce, they're right.

Real Happy!

Yep...I was running about 110 on most of my cuts.  With clean cut 60 degree I think I have the blade out even less than before, and am running about 80 pressure with just amazing results.

Great blades, great company to deal with, and good old fashion service.

Joe

I got my clean  cut blade for my pcut machine and at first i was ahh it's alright.  My pressure was at 105 and still is at 105 with the clean cut, i tried going down 30% as it is recommended on the blade but when I did it was not cutting at all so I upped it to what i had it before.  I do have to admit that they cut really nice, it makes weeding SO MUCH easier.

Sorry for simple question. What's the 60 degree blade do? I use 70 pressure with my refine.

I put in a 45 degree Clean Cut blade yesterday in my PCut.  No matter what I try, I can not get it to cut clean when going from side to side.  I've adjusted blade depth and pressure, cleaned the holder still nothing.  It just cuts a "dotted line" on the straight side cuts.  Any ideas.  (I'm cutting Easyweed).  Thanks.

Guest sciondrgn

I put in a 45 degree Clean Cut blade yesterday in my PCut.  No matter what I try, I can not get it to cut clean when going from side to side.  I've adjusted blade depth and pressure, cleaned the holder still nothing.  It just cuts a "dotted line" on the straight side cuts.  Any ideas.  (I'm cutting Easyweed).  Thanks.

My pcut did this even with the stock blades, Try adding a bit more pressure until it goes away.. With mine it was all about the adjustment.. 1/2 the width of a credit card for the blade depth and just keeping adding some pressure until it stops jittering

Did you try your old blade to see if it was the blade or a problem with your cutter?

I'm using the old blade now.  It's cutting fine.

I was adding pressure, but was already higher than with the old blade, and they had instructed to drop the pressure with the Clean Cut.

Just wondering, when I called them on the blade type, they said the 45 degree blade for the Roland was what I needed.  Looking at their blade it's got a large almost chisel type tip on it.  The old blade (don't know the brand) comes down in a single shape, then is tapered into a smaller shaft before it gets to the point.  Wonder if that makes a difference? 

Guest Schramm

I bought both a 45 and 60 for my plotter and funny I found this post as I was just getting ready to install the 45 today.  Glad to hear that they are great as they sure were wonderful to work with.  My guess on these as I didnt pay much attention when on line was that they must be made of tungstun steel.  I am so happy to hear they are really that great!

I'm using the old blade now.  It's cutting fine.

I was adding pressure, but was already higher than with the old blade, and they had instructed to drop the pressure with the Clean Cut.

Just wondering, when I called them on the blade type, they said the 45 degree blade for the Roland was what I needed.  Looking at their blade it's got a large almost chisel type tip on it.  The old blade (don't know the brand) comes down in a single shape, then is tapered into a smaller shaft before it gets to the point.  Wonder if that makes a difference? 

The larger chisel heads you describe hre I think hold up better, thats how mine is though and I am using less force than before.

I just got mine today and did a couple of test pattern cuts on some siser i had loaded from a previous job. I was cutting at 70g, with the cleancut its at 40g now. I think I'm going to make some graphics for my truck with some matte black vinyl to just use the blade :thumbsup:

I ended up calling Clean Cut and talking to Ross.  He walked me through several tests, and ended up sending me another blade.  I sent him back the old blade with some sample cuts for him to take a look at. He was great to work with. 

There are guidelines as to which blade to use but I use a 60 degree for everything - the only difference I do is use a second blade holder for the reflective/metallics like your mirror as they are incredibly hard on blades and I don't like messing around with my main blade for cutting everything else.  I've done this on my last 2 cutters

got mine a few weeks back, ill never go back.  :huh:;)

That's what I've been saying - they are amazing and Ross is great to work with

Got some Clean Cut 60's in today. WOW those baby's really cut  and weeding is  easier. REALLY great product....

Mine came in today as well!  UNREAL!  Tried some pretty small text, and weeded like a CHAMP!

See american workmanship rules!

Guest sciondrgn

I did text a .10 of an inch last night LOL  :thumbsup:  I weeded the outside with no problems but i couldnt even see to weed the inside of the letters, I didnt have a tool small enough XD

Guest Schramm

I wanted to add and it has been said before...  Ross is the bomb!  What a great guy, his customers service is as great as his blades.