Sign in to follow this  
Booper

8 ft banner price, how much?

8 ft by 34" banners (2 of em) photo attached, Oracal 651, Bandana Banner, how much should I charge this guy?

post-6169-12986551917417_thumb.jpg

post-6169-1298655193379_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't go easy on this guy, These guys get boo koo bucks for tinting windows. The guy will make it back in simply 2 jobs.

$80 is WAY too cheap, That's only $3.33 PSF  :thumbsup:

I'd be at $180 EACH USD, don't give a discount, it's only two banners.

I wouldn't go easy on this guy, These guys get boo koo bucks for tinting windows. The guy will make it back in simply 2 jobs.

$80 is WAY too cheap, That's only $3.33 PSF  :thumbsup:

I'd be at $180 EACH, don't give a discount, it's only two banners.

+1

I'm doing my first couple of banners, and I'm going $125 each.  4by8 foot.

Wow, $3.91 PSF?

I'm not sure why you guys are doing banners for next to nothing, I mean a great starter is $5 PSF at least.....

Here goes our industry once again  :-

Yeah I was wondering, 80 bucks a pop seemed kinda cheap to me, I was leaning towards 125 to 150 each, and thats cuz he's a BUDDY! LOL!

Wow, you guys are cheap! Maybe I should just sub it out to you  :thumbsup:

The last banner job I had, the guy originally wanted just one 4x10, I quoted him $275, he came back and wanted a 2nd one, I think I ended up doing both for $500.

And I'm working on a 2x8 right now, design work required, and I'm charging $225 for that ($150 for the banner and $75 for the design)

Well there was obviously no design work on this one, he wanted that gay retro Tim Hortons font and centered layout, so it was about 10 minutes to do the computer work, and like I said he's a buddy. I did two 16 footers for another guy and hit him for 450 each but only cuz we went back and forth for a week on the design. There are a TONNE of shops up here and it seems like everyone is trying to undercut each other, im only doing this for beer money so im good but its still alot of time that I could (should) be spending with my 11 month old so I feel like I should charge accordingly.

man sorry for miss reading the post wrong i thought it was a 2'x8' not a  3x8 that changes everything. our base price is 4.00 psf for where we are. so we would be at 120. with it being 2 color we would charge 5.00 a sqf

man you ppl are ball busters. :thumbsup:

Wow, $3.91 PSF?

I'm not sure why you guys are doing banners for next to nothing, I mean a great starter is $5 PSF at least.....

If anything is killing the industry it is OVER pricing. Why would anyone pay $180 for a banner done in VINYL when they can go just about anywhere now and get a full color printed banner the same size for $240(or less)? You need to see the handwriting on the wall. Cheap printers are gonna force us vinyl guys out of business if we don't  do something to stay in the game. Anyone who thinks they can still get the high dollars they could 10 years ago (for very long) is living in a fantasy world.

I saw cheap throw-away furniture put most of the upholstery shops in my area out of business. I was one of the last to go..so I know how it is when you can't compete with the 'low price gets the job' mentality that most people have these days.

Personally, I have no problem doing a 3x8 for $100 and turning an $80 profit for an hour's work. Nobody pays me  for sitting on my ass.

Booper..charge what you want as long as you are happy with the money you are making. You'll be buying the supplies cheap when the other guys go out of business because their prices are too high. I know I have.

Over pricing is NOT killing the industry, Yes printers can do it cheaper but most customers don't know the difference so why tell them "oh i can full color print this for cheaper"?

I commend those who have a nice strong pricing, I get plenty of customers and to be honest price is not everything. I have plenty of customers who use me because i am reliable, have a great turnaround and they like my work.

I say keep a nice strong price on your work and when the printers who are low balling everyone go out of business, look and laugh and carry on. Do NOT let low ballers determine you lowering your prices, that's the worst thing you can do. It's then a race to the bottom.

For banner as you showed on the picture I would charge $5.00 sqft.

That is fair price for amount work it's required and material used for the job.

I charge $4.50 sqft for printed banners , and 1 mile from me there is sign shop who sell banners as low as $2.00 sqft.

Point is  to set your price where you are comfortable and what market can take (it's pointless to sit on your ass doing nothing asking for price you can not get)

Good luck.

D. 

Wow, $3.91 PSF?

If anything is killing the industry it is OVER pricing. Why would anyone pay $180 for a banner done in VINYL when they can go just about anywhere now and get a full color printed banner the same size for $240(or less)? You need to see the handwriting on the wall. Cheap printers are gonna force us vinyl guys out of business if we don't  do something to stay in the game. Anyone who thinks they can still get the high dollars they could 10 years ago (for very long) is living in a fantasy world.

I saw cheap throw-away furniture put most of the upholstery shops in my area out of business. I was one of the last to go..so I know how it is when you can't compete with the 'low price gets the job' mentality that most people have these days.

Personally, I have no problem doing a 3x8 for $100 and turning an $80 profit for an hour's work. Nobody pays me  for sitting on my ass.

Booper..charge what you want as long as you are happy with the money you are making. You'll be buying the supplies cheap when the other guys go out of business because their prices are too high. I know I have.

+1

Guest using that old saying we have the best customer service and the fastest turn around is played out years ago. the masses dont care and know better. i bet everyone on here uses that statement,and is really super nice to the customer. if not they will be out of business! that is why we got into the buisness. where we live there are 2 other shops (that have been here at least 10-15 yrs) but all i here is how they over price and have crappy service. but they get the work because there is nobody else. so we have stepped in and provide better service and faster turn around times and a better price. we haven't even advertised and we get a bunch of work because of our reputation. so get used to it the prices are going to drop some and you will have to compete with your neighbor or the women across town. cutter price was the only thing that stopped alot of people from doing this years ago. now you can get a starter package is under a 1000.00 and you can make it back in a couple of weeks people are going to try it.

Over pricing is NOT killing the industry, Yes printers can do it cheaper but most customers don't know the difference so why tell them "oh i can full color print this for cheaper"?

I commend those who have a nice strong pricing, I get plenty of customers and to be honest price is not everything. I have plenty of customers who use me because i am reliable, have a great turnaround and they like my work.

I say keep a nice strong price on your work and when the printers who are low balling everyone go out of business, look and laugh and carry on. Do NOT let low ballers determine you lowering your prices, that's the worst thing you can do. It's then a race to the bottom.

I seem to recall one of your posts awhile back,complaining about how slow your business was.

I've seen 2 'high ballers' in my town alone go out of business in the last 2 years. That says it all.

I seem to recall one of your posts awhile back,complaining about how slow your business was.

I've seen 2 'high ballers' in my town alone go out of business in the last 2 years. That says it all.

in the town by us there was a SignsNow and they closed their doors and did not tell anybody. we found out it was because of price.

Most people these days start by doing a Google search --- do a search for printed banners.

The first post that came up for me is advertising $1.75sq/ft for text and $1.95sq/ft for full color ---- how can you compete with that?

If you are still getting $5 to $10 per sq/ft good for you! I wish I could.

Around here I'm lucky if I can get $2 to $4 per sq/ft. for vinyl!

As others have stated - it depends upon your area and what the market will stand.

Most people these days start by doing a Google search --- do a search for printed banners.

The first post that came up for me is advertising $1.75sq/ft for text and $1.95sq/ft for full color ---- how can you compete with that?

If you are still getting $5 to $10 per sq/ft good for you! I wish I could.

Around here I'm lucky if I can get $2 to $4 per sq/ft. for vinyl!

As others have stated - it depends upon your area and what the market will stand.

thanks for posting some REALITY

I remember this post myself,,,  guy complains on underpricing by other forum members, Ruining the industry, also charges priority shipping for small decals.   but yet.  comes on here( with his sign standing by the side of the road "WORK NEEDED" to  have other forum members to throw him a bone to survive, SO TO SPEAK.).  Two months is along time to only make $20.00 sales. Where are your great  returning customers? and word of mouth customers.  Plus right before Christmas, I was busy as crap,  making and selling  decals/vehicle graphics for Christmas gifts.  I can actually say I am fair priced and make a great living only selling vehicle graphics. The economy did not effect me that much.. I am never sitting on my butt, doing nothing. I do make a great living from my products. And it is strictly vehicle graphics.  This isn't a food industry, but look at at all the ads on tv for pizza, If you can't find a pizza for $10.00, You live in a cave.  It is better to make SOME profit,  than nothing..  If these companies didn't lower their prices for the conditions, they would fold. Nobody is saying give it away.   By all the jobs you are losing, you are jacking your prices up to try and make up for the jobs you lost. and losing those  jobs too. .  my2c

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,24451.msg193567.html#msg193567

sounds to me like somebody better up that customer service and turn around time.

I remember this post myself,,,  guy complains on underpricing by other forum members, Ruining the industry, also charges priority shipping for small decals.   but yet.  comes on here( with his sign standing by the side of the road to  have other forum members to throw him a bone to survive, SO TO SPEAK.).  Two months is a long time to only make $20.00 sales. Where is your great  returning customers?  I can actually say I am fair priced and make a great living only selling vehicle graphics. The economy did not effect me that much.. I am never sitting on my butt, doing nothing. I do make a great living from my products. And it is strictly vehicle graphics.  This isn't a food industry, but look at at all the ads on tv for pizza, If you can't find a pizza for $10.00, You live in a cave.  It is better to make SOME profit,  than nothing..  If these companies didn't lower their prices for the condtions, they would fold. Nobody is saying give it away.   By all the jobs you are losing, you are jacking your prices up to try and make up for it for the jobs you lost. and losing those  jobs too. .  my2c

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,24451.msg193567.html#msg193567

We all have to do what is necessary to survive and  to  put our name out there.

Ranting about low balling reminds me on Sign101 forum.

Different area different prices, so adjust your price accordingly to situation in your area.

we would charge $120 each for them and turn the order in a couple of hours. our main biz is garments so the banners are just an avenue to get more biz.

Thanks for taking the time to look up my posts, I love how much you care.

Most of you on here are nothing but low ballers. There is a handful of good guys here and for anyone who will work for hardly nothing because your not getting paid to sit on your ass is full of themselves.

Yes i did have a terrible few months but honestly, who doesn't get slow at some point? Two months is along time to make hardly any sales but i do NOT live paycheck to paycheck like some of you and that's why you make good profit, store away money for cases like this.

Business has picked back up now and i have been averaging $4k-6k a month again so don't worry about what i'm doing. I bought ALL my machines with cash and owe nothing to anyone so i must be doing something right.

I have plenty of returning customers, Just because they didn't "come through" so to say that particular month doesn't mean i don't have any.

Speeddoggy, your still on this whole "oh guest charges customers priority mailing" gig? Get real seriously.

Hate on with the attacks once again  :thumbsup: