Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marek

First paying job

Guest Marek

I did a logo and 2 shirt design job for a houndsman forum recently . When they heard that I purchased a cutter they decided on window decals . These are 11'x2" and they turned out great . I just have to say Inkscape makes things pretty easy .

DSC_0470.jpg

Then I decided that the beer fridge in the garage needed another tattoo ...soo

DSC_0471.jpg

looks good, i think the cobra badge could have used some cleaning up though

Guest Marek

looks good, i think the cobra badge could have used some cleaning up though

You are absolutely right . It's a 6footer ( looks good from 6' )lol . I digitized it from a lowrez horn button pic .. Next time I'll pick a better source or just do it up from scratch . I also need to figure out the application vs. Bubles process .

ive done plenty of things that require the 6' rule dont even worry... sometimes things like that can be corrected just by node editing either in inkscape or what ever cut software you are using. Fonts are tough to correct, id just find the font online and replicate it that way. looks good though  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Logo looks great but its a little worriesome as it looks like "Hound Pounding" to me!  :thumbsup:

Logo looks great but its a little worriesome as it looks like "Hound Pounding" to me!  :thumbsup:

That is exactly what I thought as well

Guest Marek

That is exactly what I thought as well

I questioned the owner about that myself . The play on words is deliberate . Hound pound / Hounds pounding down the trail on the scent of a cougar . I actually think that it is effective ..It made you pause and give it a second thought . After all that is what good advertising does ..makes people take a second out of their lives and pay attention to your "message" .

Guest Marek

Well , they are happy and asked me to do another one to go with the t-shirt design I did for them . Here is the first cut ..I have since cleaned up the inside of the tree and added to the hounds tail .

DSC_0472.jpg

Well , they are happy and asked me to do another one to go with the t-shirt design I did for them . Here is the first cut ..I have since cleaned up the inside of the tree and added to the hounds tail .

lol you will soon figure out how much everyone hates weeding, especially those little dots inside the tree.

I had a teenager that LOVED to weed, until she moved downstate to go to school.

I cut, she would weed and tape..then I installed.

Yes, I was spoiled.......LOL