Sign in to follow this  
john!

Grommets and banner is bunched up

Hey guys, I just got a grommet press from a local and for some reason the banner keeps bunching up.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!

f2tteu.jpg

never saw that happen before. Are the grommets self-piercing?

try punching a hole throught or mabye try some different grommets. they are not cutting through right.

not to ask a stupid question, but how are you doing it? I've seen people put the hats and rings in wrong.

Guest fivestar

not to ask a stupid question, but how are you doing it? I've seen people put the hats and rings in wrong.

John quit making fun of me.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D Yes I did them wrong when I first got my grommet machine.

this happens if you dont put nothing behind it. you have to hem it...then it will stop doing this....

Good luck

John quit making fun of me.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D Yes I did them wrong when I first got my grommet machine.

I wasn't gonna name names...lol...

anyway, if the pic shows it as he did it, he is doing it backwards just like you were.

The hats go on the bottom, the rings on top. You do it from the backside of the banner.

the pic shows the hat in it's correct position.

post-249-12986551869322_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986551886068_thumb.jpg

John quit making fun of me.  ;D ;D ;D Yes I did them wrong when I first got my grommet machine.

I wasn't gonna name names...lol...

anyway, if the pic shows it as he did it, he is doing it backwards just like you were.

The hats go on the bottom, the rings on top. You do it from the backside of the banner.

the pic shows the hat in it's correct position.

John

Mines the other way around. The hat snaps on top and the rig on the bottom, and you do it with the banner facing up?:thumbsup: maybe the different brands are different?:thumbsup:

I've had 4 different ones and never seen one that the hats went on top. But I guess there's a first for everything.

I suggested he buy the USC one.He didn't.

Anyway, regardless of how the dies are installed, the hat goes as shown,over the long protrusion (which is spring loaded) and the ring goes on the flat part. The cutting is done as the ring slides against the hat. I can't see how it would work any other way. If the hat is on top, you're just trying to push the hat through the material.The ring isn't there to support it.

Heres how mine is. I think mine is a fasnap if i remember correctly. I tried putting them in the other way and they dont fit backwards? this one is fool proof... :thumbsup:

post-1250-12986551874519_thumb.jpg

post-1250-12986551886385_thumb.jpg

yeah, that's more like a button press in design.The upper part compresses as the thing is lowered.The hat contacts the ring first. I've never seen one like that before. Does it require specific gromets or will any self-piercing grommet do?

Thanks guys, After some fooling around i got the washers to snap firmly.

Tomorrow my power tape hem tape should be in so i'll see if it bunches once that's on.

Thanks!

I bought the Hiker H-901B press and mine goes just like James press too.

I even read the Directions. lol

" The grommet goes on the top die with the barrel side pointing down, and the washer goes on the bottom die with the curved side down."

You can set the Hiker to do thin banners all the way up to doing 10mm coroplast.

yeah, that's more like a button press in design.The upper part compresses as the thing is lowered.The hat contacts the ring first. I've never seen one like that before. Does it require specific gromets or will any self-piercing grommet do?

I just use the self piecering ones from fellers. Thats the only ones i have ever used. Not sure if i got lucky or anyone would work...

Well got my power tape in and everything is good to go now.

Thanks!