I've been trying to cut heat press vinyl with my USCutters cutter, however, it doesn't cut deep enough to cut through the heat press vinyl.

What are my options, and what are some suggestions to help the cutter cut deeper?

heat press vinyl is pretty thin material and you only cut thru the vinyl leaving the backing material - which is removed after heat pressing.  You aren't trying to cut thru the backing are you?

The backing is the shiney side. You want to cut on the dull side and make sure to mirror your output from the computer so it will look right when you press it

I bought some vinyl on ebay and the blade I have doesn't cut through the vinyl.

Perhaps the type of heat press vinyl I received is too thick?

Have you made sure you're not cutting the wrong side of it?  The backing is a heavy plastic and would be much harder to cut through than the vinyl would be.  if its just a sheet, flip it over and do a test cut and see what happens.

I was cutting on the right side, but after the cutting was complete, it just looks like it scored the vinyl, and it did not cut through the vinyl.

Do I need a longer blade or to run the cut a few times over the material?

Try a test cut and adjust your downforce and blade depth untill it cuts through the vinyl only not the backing.

The heatpress vinyl is VERY THIN so i looks like it just made a slight mark, but it does indeed cut through it for weeding. If you are using cheap back of the shelf material that has been sitting around for a long time, you are going to have trouble cutting it. Spend the extra bucks for Siser or Thermoflex and I'm sure your cutter will work fine with it at the right settings.

I bought the Siser heat press vinyl too and just tried mine and I am having the same issue. It barely scores the vinyl. I lowered my blade a bit but that didn't make much of a difference. I'll adjust the pressure now and try that. Did you ever get yours to work? I's appreciate any advice. Thanks!

1 did you cut the dull side? the shiny is the carrier . . . .the actual vinyl is really thin it might be cut and you can't see it - try weeding a piece

With heat press vinyl it is sometimes near impossible to see the cuts.

I find ThermoFlex harder to weed than Sisser.

Take your piece of vinyl and hold it up against a bright light source...

a light table would be nice but even a flashlight will work to show

the cuts. It can drive you crazy just trying to SEE the cut lines.

I've seen suggestions to put the vinyl piece in the refrigerator or

freezer for a bit to show the cut lines...never tried that.

Sue2