Sign in to follow this  
Dan01801

What type/size/brand plotter to buy

HI Everyone,

I currently run the Facilites Department at a bank, and we are going to start design our own signage for the buildings etc. Basic thing such as hours etc. I have been overwhelmed with options etc. I have looked a few brands US utter, Easy Cut, Roland and a few others. I am looking to spend in the 500-900 dollar ranger, but there seems to be a variety of options. The US Cutter looks nice, but is there are there differences in ease operation, also what about service and parts.

Thanks for all your help,

Dan

Hey you can just contract me out to do all your signs for you !!  LOL

noo the the costomer service is top notch !  You can buy a machiine on ebay for 300-400 for the machine and sign cut... now that leaves you 200-500 to get all your supplies and still have plenty left over...hell with 500 left over ylu could buy a heat press and hotmark vinyl and do your own bank shirts as well !!

With roland you cant even get your foot in the door with 900$

Pretty easy operation ....with the cutter

I would shell the 50$ for the warranty just to cover your butt though ...but no matter what you have a 30 day warranty regardless I do belive !

Good luck

BEARDOWN

The mh721's are good cutters.But the copam is a better built cutter and much quieter than the mh721.If you are doing small signage a 24" will probably be enough to handle your needs.It would also be good for making 2 x 4 banners or larger to promote specials you are running.As far as service,this company has the best service of any company I have ever seen!If there's a problem,they go out of their way to fix it.They also carry the parts to service the cutters.Right now I think it's mostly refine parts,but they are getting in parts for the copams.You can go to : http://www.uscutterdirect.com  to see what they offer on parts.Both cutters have about the same method of operation.It just takes a little time to figure out how to run them.But I must say that I made 3 door signs and covered half of my wife's pickup with vinyl the first day I got my 721.Most of the problems people have had were not the cutters,but installation.It should be no problem,but there are times when the cutter will not work because of irq conflicts,or improper port settings.I bought my 721 (R2D2) in august and I have ran that machine for hours and hours straight with no problems.If you are doing small jobs,or not runnning the cutter for hours a day and have a place where the noise of the cutter is not going to interfere with business,then the mh721 would be a good choice.But in my opinion the cp-2500 is a better investment in the long run.The stand of the cp-2500 weighs as much as the mh721 alltogether.And there is a noticable difference in the noise level.