Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenya

How do I fix this?

Guest kenya

My graphtec is not cutting nice square corners in text or even in simple squares.

I've changed my settings, but having no luck. This seems to have just started.... any ideas?

what do you have your offset at?  should be 0    also check that the blade is freely moving,  a drop of oil,   make sure no vinyl  pieces in  blade holder.  Or change the blade.  

Guest kenya

yeap it's on 0..... blade is moving perfect, no gunk on it.

What should the setting be for 'Tool' or would this have an effect?

My Graphtec Is a FC7000  Tool?  Where are you finding that at?  What does your user manual show?  or say about it? 

Guest kenya

It's on the control panel.

I just changed it to 09U and now it's perfect.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It must have something to do with the blade degree that I'm using (60).

I remember now what must have happened.... I cut some reflective for a store front that's when I got it all screwy, because I didn't write down the settings for the oracle that I was cutting. It's a learning process.  ;D

Thanks speeddoggy for the help!  :D

Yes  I just pulled up your user manual  ,  Your control panel is different   than mine   it shows  090   15u 15b or pen,      Are you doing all your changing  right from your cutter?   Arent' you able to download the Graphtec cutting plotter controller that came on the CD?    That is all I use...  turn  cutter on,  place  vinyl in,  hit origin.  adjust force and speed  on Graphtec  cutting plotter  controller, on your computer..  very ez.  CUT...

then you don't have to mess around  with all those other settings on your cutter.

you fixed it,  good for you...

Yes  I just pulled up your user manual  ,  Your control panel is different   than mine   it shows  090   15u 15b or pen,      Are you doing all your changing  right from your cutter?   Arent' you able to download the Graphtec cutting plotter controller that came on the CD?    That is all I use...  turn  cutter on,  place  vinyl in,  hit origin.  adjust force and speed  on Graphtec  cutting plotter  contoller, on your computer..  very ez.  CUT...

you fixed it,  good for you...

+10 on controller

The other blade holders are for the more robust blades used with sandblast mask etc.  like the one i have in the sell section - I have 2 of them.  Vette I also have a off brand holder to use with a slightly older blade for doing reflective and metallics.  they work great