pyrophire

Printing on vinyl with inkjet printer

I have been working on my Epson WF 1100 printer trying to convert it to Eco Solvent ink.. so far I am not having any luck using using ink CSS that could stand up to solvent ink, within 6 hrs it would start melting down the CSS. Also goes for the ink cartridges,, they start leaking at the bottom as it fits into the manifold. If I can overcome this two issues then I would have an Eco Solvent desktop printer. First of all the print head worked just fine, no sign of manifold damage, ink pump tubes seams to holding up as well. As for the ink CSS,,, I can make some of those out of solvent resistant Plastic bottles, very easy to do. As far as the ink cartridges go I am in the dark on that for now....however I think small dampers can be used instead of cartridges, which I may try.. Right now I am waiting for shipment on the solvent resistant 5 gang ink tubes. I may add that a lot of the Epson WF 1100 and compatible printers are being converted out of Mexico as I have seen on youtube, so it can be done!

23 minutes ago, fdoyal51 said:

I have been working on my Epson WF 1100 printer trying to convert it to Eco Solvent ink.. so far I am not having any luck using using ink CSS that could stand up to solvent ink, within 6 hrs it would start melting down the CSS. Also goes for the ink cartridges,, they start leaking at the bottom as it fits into the manifold. If I can overcome this two issues then I would have an Eco Solvent desktop printer. First of all the print head worked just fine, no sign of manifold damage, ink pump tubes seams to holding up as well. As for the ink CSS,,, I can make some of those out of solvent resistant Plastic bottles, very easy to do. As far as the ink cartridges go I am in the dark on that for now....however I think small dampers can be used instead of cartridges, which I may try.. Right now I am waiting for shipment on the solvent resistant 5 gang ink tubes. I may add that a lot of the Epson WF 1100 and compatible printers are being converted out of Mexico as I have seen on youtube, so it can be done!

WOW, let us know how that works out.

If it is on the net, it must be true.

• Haha 2

have you noticed even roland has aqueous based print heads and solvent heads for the same printers - solvent is some nasty stuff - laid a cleaning swab on top of one of my postal scales and melted a area around the swab.  when disposing of swabs from the weekly manual cleanings I have to be careful what I put them in