Sign in to follow this  
Bogie

Some Really Stupid Questions - FINALLY gonna use it...

Okay... I've had this sucker for about three years, sitting under the very nice dust cover... Basically found that the Graphtec was more convenient, and, well, I never got the software installed...

Well, it's time. I'm going to be hitting some flea markets/gun shows/whatnot for t-shirts, etc., and I'm going to stuff this in the trailer. And a 48" wide graphtec would probably be a bit of overkill.

What is the best way to hook it up? The computer I've got my Flexi on (which will be going with me) has parallel, serial and USB available. It's running XP.

Chance I could also use it with a Windoze 7 laptop, which would mean that I'd be buying the new version of Flexi Starter Whatever...

May need to buy another roll-holder roller dealie for the stand - I can see one stacked in The Big Pile Of Stuff in the storage area, but not the other - it may be there, it may not - are they available?

? Perhaps I'm just tired... but did you ever say which cutter you're talking about? You've been using a Graphtec for the last three years and never got the software installed, for what...

Nope... Sorry...

I'm posting about a 721... I got it at roughly the same time that I got the Graphtec, with plans to use it for the "not quite as wide" stuff, and basically just ended up with it sitting on the shelf, all nice and covered, because I was a little space-limited...

And now, I'm going to be doing a bit of a road show, and I really don't wanna deal with a 4' wide graphtec in the van or trailer.

Ahh, makes sense.

Go with serial...its the only way for refines IMO.  USB seems to be a bit on the sketchy side alot.