Sign in to follow this  
kraut724

871 very incosistent please read and help

my friend bought and mh871, the past couple days ive been doing the cutting for some race cars. other then a couple little test cuts ive been the only one to really road test this thing.........not pleased at all.

cuts are inconsistent.....to deep, not deep enough?

cuts are incomplete then the cutter stops and offline light flashes rapidly till reset is pushed.

cutter blade runs across cutter to other side and does not stop trying to knock the end off til reset is pushed.

cuts of text graphics not completed......missing letters here and there.

moving vinyl in offline mode, cutter rolls it then stops and makes all kinds of noises.

im using a windows pc with signblazer elements, serial connection, cutter is grounded to the base on a grounded power line.

in some cases i send a cut, signblazer says transferring data and cutter never responds, until i cancel cut turn off the cutter and totally reopen the same file.

All the above occurrences happen sometimes but not all the time, the biggest problems seem to come when trying to cut objects such as stripes.

please help

Kraut,

You should submit a ticket about this issue via the support section of the website. It sounds like you have multiple issues occurring all together and we'll need to do some hands on trouble shooting to sort what is just software hicups, and what could possibly be hardware related. Include a good contact number where we can reach you about the issue. Also, if you want to try to get through to a Tech you can call: 888-298-8143.

Sounds like one I worked on it had to have a new motherboard.  this time of year also make sure you have a wire run from the stand to the cutter to ground the stand - static abounds

Kraut,

I just went through this same thing, and it was the motherboard.  Fortunately, USCutter's support staff is pretty good at what they do, and since my cutter was covered under warranty, the motherboard replacement was free.  Once I replaced it, the cutter worked fine.

Some tips for after you replace the motherboard: GROUND THE CUTTER.  The USCutter OEM cutters aren't properly grounded internally, and a static buildup will kill your cutter pretty quickly.  You can ground your cutter by unscrewing any of the screws on the metal part of the cutter, scraping away the paint, and attaching a wire from that point to a ground.  I used the ground from a nearby plug to ground it - this helped quite a bit.  I also took the casters off the stand and put the cutter on two anti-static mats.

So far, so good...

Most of the static problems are on the refines - the stand is not grounded and you must run a ground wire from the stand to the cutter to dissipate the static that builds up in the stand before it zaps the MB thru the cutter head

thank you for the replies.....i forgot to say that the cutter is grounded to the stand.

Make sure your outlet is grounded as well.  If you are grounding the cutter to the stand, and there is still no direct ground, the static still has nowhere to go.

I run a dedicated ground for my cutter and it helps alot.

Sounds as though you need to put in a support ticket with USC to me though.

cutter definitely doesnt like to go from serial to usb. the cutter is still doing some weird stuff now and again.

the cutter is grounded to the base and the cutter is on a grounded outlet but i still get shocks when handling the cutter and the vinyl.

is there a specific spot that the cutter needs to be grounded from. 

cutter definitely doesnt like to go from serial to usb. the cutter is still doing some weird stuff now and again.

the cutter is grounded to the base and the cutter is on a grounded outlet but i still get shocks when handling the cutter and the vinyl.

is there a specific spot that the cutter needs to be grounded from. 

When we instruct people on grounding the units, we advise them to attach a copper wire (speaker wire is good) to a screw directly underneath the mother board. You should make sure to scrape away a bit of paint so you are certain there is complete contact. Run the wire down to the stand and attach it in a place where the copper is touching un painted metal. There is also anti static spray you can buy from camera retailers that can be applied to the cutting area of the cutter (cutting strip) as well as pre-wiping you media with an anti-static cloth prior to cutting. hope this helps!