Nick Stylez

Has anyone tried the new GreenStar Matte Black Vinyl?

Im wondering if anyone has tried the Matte Black Greenstar vinyl on any hoods, trunks, or interiors. If anyone has tried it, has it held up pretty good considering its not a cast vinyl?

Yes, i looked everywhere to see if anyone has used it and it seems like no one has any feedback on it yet. I guess we will wait and see.

I have used 8 colors, including matte black, of green star and i like it very much. I have made some really small stuff with it and it weeds no problem. I make go kart graphics and have only used red, black, orange and white. They applied nice and have had no problems.

Has anyone used the greenstar clear app. tape?  I was thinking of trying that next.

I have used Green star for about 6-8 months.  Though I haven't used the flat black yet, the other colors have worked without problem.  Last time I ordered some I went ahead and got two colors in 50 yard rolls.  I have to flip it over to see if it is Green star or Oracal 651 as I have noticed little difference. 

I am only part-time at doing signs, decals and banners but I have been impressed.

Gary

Thanks a lot for your reply's, i truly appreciate it. I have a small job for a customer that wants the front grill of his car Matte black and since i bought the greenstar vinyl i don't know if it's going to apply properly considering it's not a cast vinyl. But im going to give it a shot and see how well it works, somebody has to try it right. lol

im new to this but i used oracl and greenstar in the same day......the greenstar weeds incredibly compared to the oracl 651 especially on smaller letters and cursive types. the oracl black is nicer appearing then the greenstar but as weeding goes....greenstar.

Also curious on this brand was going to be purchasing some soon.  Greenstar is about $5-$10 less than oracal. Weeding and appearance are the only differences people have seen? How well is the adhesive on the greenstar?

for me the final appearance takes precedence over weeding ease.  I like a nice weeding vinyl but if it isn't as nice I won't use it.  it's my reputation I'm putting on the line

Have wondered how it stands up myself. 3 questions, is it US made? Where or who can you order from? and finally, how many colors are offered at this point in time.

Why not use Avery, Oracal or 3M? I have never heard of green star and would not trust using it if it's only been in business 1 year. Go with a reputable brand.

Guest Marek

I have just started using Greenstar , So far I have been using cheap offshore vinyl Plato(JUNK) ,Respect(little better ), And a little bit of LG and Avery . So far I like the Greenstar alot but then again I have not been spoiled by Orecal or 3M .

BTW I really like the Greenstar Clear trasnfer for stacking layers .  ;)

So far, I've found the oracal to be easier to weed. I haven't done a ton though. Both seem OK , but the oracal white has a nice blue backing to make it easier to see.

I have the Greenstar in the gloss black and royal blue 50 yards.. I like it, especially for the price.

I bought the starter 12 pack of Greenstar (calendered) to give it a shot.  So far, I've had no problems with it. It's easy to handle, cuts well and weeds very easily.  Application is the same...very easy (wet or dry). I like that it's US made and the price is right.  Of course, for longevity, you'll want to go with cast vinyl. I've used some of all of it, Oracal, Avery and a few others. I believe Greenstar can hold it's on.

A~

i got to add my 2 cents. i bought the starter pack when i first got my cutter. I find a huge Diff in oracal and greenstar. the greenstar is more plastic feeling. and it seams it doesn't want to stick weel to stuff. I made up allot of red Rate Cards for my taxi's and i couldn' get it to stick to the car or windows very well. I did the same thing in Oracal 651 with no problems. But for the price it's ok. I used it on my race car (red) and will see how long it last.

post-8070-12986555761835_thumb.jpg

post-8070-12986555779416_thumb.jpg

I have greenstar and i put white decals on my dads and uncles truck windows and they have with stood 100 degree 100% humidity weather and everything else a truck goes through. I have 5 karts with greenstar that race every weekend and the decals will not fail. Tires leave marks and dont even peel it off. Buying 10 rolls of vinyl and saving $5 on each, saved me $50 bucks with no compromise.