Sign in to follow this  
jwalters69

new to this Pcut cutter and software - how do you convert jpegs to cut?

I downloaded some program AVS IMage Convertor and Signblazer still see's it as a bit map and I cannot print it; Any help woul dbe appreciated as I have some paying jobs to complete.

I used to own a signshop that specialized in wrapping busses and 53' semi's.  I did most of the install work and did not get to use the software much.  I have flexi but can't figure out how to get it to work with this p-cut cutter.

thanks for the help!

the image has to be vectorized before it can be cut. , by using a program like  Adobe illustrator, Corel,  www.inkscape.org,  etc.   What version of Flexi are you using?  and Inkscape is a free software and numereous tutorials and videos in the inkscape thread to show you how. 

if your using flexi then it straight forward then  select the image so it has a border around it then.

go to the top of the menu bar and click on the bitmap tab,

then go down to vectorize which will open another tab and go down to enhance curves. and the program will automatically vector it .

tvt

Not always the case,,,  some people, ya don't really know if they have  FlexiPro or Flexistarter.  New people call Flexistarter just Flexi..    and that sure isn't going to trace it.  So until we really know what they have ,  :(

I do have Flexi not Flexi starter but I cannot get it to cut with this cutter as it is not listed on the list of cutters and I cannot figure out how to add a cutter as it does not seem to handle adding ones that are not listed.

I have Illistrator but could not figure out to change it so SignblaZer would accept it.  I did not see an option to add cut lines in Illistrator (I think version 9)

I watched the video but for some reason I could not get the sound to work.  The converting program I downloaded would only convert it to a different extension which still gave me the bitmap error in Signblazer.  I Then used the signblazer software and changed the graphic to gray only and vectorized it but the text in the graphic did not convert well...

I appreciate everyones help.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Guest manwayvan

Hey check out the flexi thread as it has some new drivers from USCUTTER which I know includes the Pcut (depending on which model you have). Could you possibly post the jpeg and maybe we could help you out a little more on getting it vectorized. You may also want to check out Inkscape as it does vectorizing easily and possibly vectormagic(NOT FREE). You can Pm me if you need any help using flexi as I use it opposed to signblazer.

Great, I will check out hte Flexi threads. 

I do have a P-Cut.

I will try to attach the graphic.

I will download the free program and try it tonight.

thanks for the help.  THis forum is great.

Jim

post-7728-12986551563449_thumb.jpg

post-7728-12986551574665_thumb.jpg

I do have Flexi not Flexi starter but I cannot get it to cut with this cutter as it is not listed on the list of cutters and I cannot figure out how to add a cutter as it does not seem to handle adding ones that are not listed.

I have Illistrator but could not figure out to change it so SignblaZer would accept it.  I did not see an option to add cut lines in Illistrator (I think version 9)

I watched the video but for some reason I could not get the sound to work.  The converting program I downloaded would only convert it to a different extension which still gave me the bitmap error in Signblazer.  I Then used the signblazer software and changed the graphic to gray only and vectorized it but the text in the graphic did not convert well...

I appreciate everyones help.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

what version Of Flexi do you have?  It is listed under Creation-P-cut.   also maybe you could try  a standard driver like Roland PNC-1000

in Illustrator save the file as an .eps  Alot of times on the text, you will have to find the font and just redo the text

Thanks guys.  I will look up my verision # tonight. 

I will try the graphic as well.  I really appreciate the help.

Jim

Thanks for the help everyone.  I used the file that was posted above and it worked.  I then downloaded inkscape and watched the video and I converted it myself!

Still working on trying to get flexi to work with the p-cutter.

ALso if anyone reads this how do you save files in Illy in an older version.  I have version 9 but I am not sure how to save as a version 8?

thanks

Jim