Sign in to follow this  
elpelon

odd cuts with MH1351

Hi all,

I'm getting some weird cuts with my MH1351.  I've run into some static issues, and just replaced a fried motherboard, so I'm wondering if the problems I'm having are related to that.  I also keep seeing posts about the offset, but I'd like an expert opinion before I start mucking about with those settings.

I'm cutting a simple box.  In the first photo, the MH1351's cut is at the top, and you'll notice the right side of the box is noticeably narrower than the left side.  The bottom cut was done with a PCut CT630, which cut it just fine.

In the second photo, I've taken a close-up of the lower right corner of the cut by the MH1351, which is a bit mangled due to the cutter not lining up the inside border.  I'm stacking these cuts on the 1351, and I get the same result on each box.

So.  What is the expert consensus about this?  Bum cutter?  Or software issue?

Technical stuff...I'm using:

Mac Pro (before anyone goes into the Mac/PC argument, I've used a PC on the cutter, and get the same result)

OSX

Signcut

Thanks!

post-7325-1298655155727_thumb.jpg

post-7325-12986551558392_thumb.jpg

post-7325-1298655157274_thumb.jpg

post-7325-12986551573121_thumb.jpg

As a starting point I would check the tension of the carriage belt - maybe too much slop

Just to follow up on this, you were exactly right Dakota.  I pulled the end cap of the cutter off, adjusted the tension screw, and it cuts perfectly.  WOOT!!

Thanks again for all your help!

Glad you found it! just make sure it's not too tight as to wear out the other components

Can anyone tell me where the tension screw is?  I took both end caps off and am just not sure where to tighten up the belt - thanks for any help!