sdgirl

What is the standard size for numbers and font on jerseys?

I am just getting into the apparel side of this business and been reading like crazy. There is so much to learn. I haven't found where it says what size people do for numbers on the back of say a baseball jersey. They will be mostly double digit numbers on adult male jerseys. 2 color. Also the font he was looking at has a tail under it. He only wants it under the second half of the name though example. Centennial Homes will go across the front and the tail would be under Homes? Does anyone know what kind of font this would be and how to only do the tail under part of it? I am also not sure how to price this if anyone has any ideas. The main part is the vinyl since it looks like you would be using a bit more expensive due to the stretching?

Thank you,

Christi

Thank you so much that will help. Do you know the size that the letters should be on the back or how big it should be on the front on a baseball jersey?

Thanks,

Christi

look again,  not quite the one,,  Your font is different

here is a pack of tails

there is a Video that explains how to use them  ,  below where you download

http://www.advancedartist.com/coolstuff.html

http://www.advancedartist.com/files/FreeTailPack.pdf

It isn't letting me open the tails. Does someone else have this saved?

Thank you

Good answers you got - helpful as usual Speedoggy!  I thought of that link as I was reading this topic - and sure enough you posted it up - it is a great tutorial - and the tails can be used for any font.

As to why it won't open - are you trying to open it or import it into your program? -- What program are you using?  In the tutorail he is doing the demo in Corel - I have tried it in my cutting program - using import and picking the tail I want to use (after un-grouping).

Try that - hope it works for you.

Also the team spirit font is neat for this as well.  If it's not obvious, the letters include tha part of the tail needed to underline each letter.  Caps have the left end.  The right connection to the last letter is made with a close parenthesis )  Then you need to weld the image to elimate the overlaps.  I found a little tweaking was necessary to eliminate a little jog where the final connecting stroke met the tail beneath the last letter in the name.  I edited the nodes - and smoothed out the transition on the ones I did for my grandkids.  I think you could just adjust the lineup between this element and the rest of the tail before doing the weld.

Good luck

-Mike

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for the post speed..Those will def come in handy  :(

Mike, I goto the website and click on the down load file and it doesn't open for me to save anywhere. I do have corel x3 although I haven't really learned how to use it much yet. I watched the video so that will help out alot of I can get the tails. I thought I seen this before and not sure if I must have saved it before and that is why it won't open? It gives me an error message saying" there is a problem with adobe acrobat reader/ please exit and try again.

Guest manwayvan

Some adobe readers have trouble with their browser support so you may need to switch browsers

I have adobe reader 9 and I made sure it was updated. I asked my son if it ever came up when he was watching it the first time and he said yes and hit save and not I can't find or open it off the website? I didn't realize that it opened and he saved it till this morning before he left for school.

Christi

look under your adobe .pdf files.  or do a search  for FREE TAIL PACK,  that is the title of the pdf file.  If you didn't change the title

Thanks so much for all your help. I feel like a software dumby.. I tried to find the file name you said in both adobe and coral draw with no luck. I am not sure where it would have saved it to. I did a search for that file name also with now luck. Not sure why I can't get to it from the main site again if it came up before? I am sure my son wouldn't have changed the name. When I asked about it he said it came up and i hit save and closed it.

Christi

I don't know what kind of computer you have,  but click your start button in lower left corner,  You should have a SEARCH area for files, DOC. PICTURES ETC.  on your computer,  RUN A SEARCH THERE.  put the FREE TAIL PACKS  name in the search area.    Also  on your documents.  There is a recently used Documents. look there.  at least on my computer. 

I have windows vista and ran the search nothing. I also looked in the recently added and nothing. Maybe it didn't actually save but not sure why it would say I have a problem with the adobe when it opened it before? Does anyone else have they file they can just send me or well I have the same problem?

Christi

I clicked on the link and a blank page came up with the circl curser going like it is loading and is still doing that after 10 minutes. No error message yet though

mine takes a little bit of time also to load,  but no that long, maybe reboot you computer and start fresh.  unless you already have,,

I did it..I saved it on my other computer that doesn't have corel draw and emailed it to this computer and now can open it..Thank you so much for all your help.

Christi