Skullzeezs

....Greetingzz.....*waves to everyone*

Greetingzz! *smilezz*

My name is Cristina, I am from Washington state. I am a F/T 24/7 single mom of 3 children. (16,11,10) I have been cleaning houses for years as a way to support us. With no education or college (LOL) behind my belt, but a TON of creativity, ideas and a strong goal... I have been looking for that perfect thing to call my own. Over a month ago, something came to my mind....... Not sure where to start and where to look ... well, it found me. (thats a long story) .. SO i ran my idea past a few close friends and that is when my new baby "Skullzeez's" came to life.... although still in the womb (a mom figure of speech) I hope to see it come to life within the next few months.

So upon searching for the last 2 weeks on where to take my idea and how to make this happen.....I found this forum!

I was searching for a cutting machine on Ebay and trying to educate myself off the USCutters descriptions of each machine....  when I found this forum! What a blessing! I sat here for 5 hours straight...I had to force myself to get off my computer as I was so into each and every post, picture, question and info that I could read.

I am a complete Newbie when it comes to cutting/terms or anything of this matter.....but I will not be for long. I am soaking up every ounce of writing I can when I read info here and peoples stories.... There are so much support on here that it actually sent chills down my spine.. I felt I found a place to get support and learn from those who have been where I sit at this time.

Now I read many posts on people trying to find the perfect Cutter for them. I narrowed it down to 2.. the PCUT and the MH (cant find my notes). I was reading that the PCUT is great for those of us learning.....but I am not sure if it will do the detail decals that I hope to create one day.

So I thought instead I would just post my own description of what I plan on doing and see what the experts here think.

I am planning on doing decals. I want to specialize in SKULLZZ. Skull decals/shirts/hats. I am going to be designing my own decals... but also printing those that I can find with copyright permission. Some of the decals will have smaller lines... so from what I read I may need a Laser cutter?  (Again, bare with me as I am only going off what I have read from others)

Now money is NOT flowing from my ATM, I wish it was, and I am working with a budget under $1,000.00. Maybe a tad more if I wait a month .. but my goal is to have my business off and running by May 2010. (this is my 37th birthday and I need to follow on my dream I have had for awhile as a present to myself and kids)  I also know that I will need a better computer (I have a mac os x) and a scanner/printer.

So I know this is asked numerous times, and trust me I have read and read and read... and I just have to ask:

1) For cutting smaller decals (like the family car cut outs you see on the back windows) what is the best cutter? PCUT or MH? Will these machines also print on shirts?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also am I going to need a new computer/scanner/printer? My mac is okay, but a tad on the older side...and installing anything turns out to be a nightmare ...

I am sure I will have many questions... but without asking I will never know! I can not wait to purchase my cutter... just making sure I get the perfect one before I do!

So  "Thank you!!" for those who have read this far! I really look forward to growing and learning from people on this forum! Many of you are mentors to us (pointing at myself) ... hope you know it!..... And one day I hope to help out those who were in my shoes, new... as I am at this moment!

And any info, web sites you think I should read, ANYTHING, I will soak it up!

Thank you!

Cristina

post-7677-12986551510265_thumb.jpg

post-7677-12986551521933_thumb.jpg

The p-cut is a great starter machine - any of the lower end cutters take much more setup to get clean cuts than say the graphtecs or rolands. You can start with the p-cut and when it makes you enough money then move up to a better cutter.  stick with the oracal vinyls for consistent good materials.  the old mac will do fine as these machines are not that computer intensive.  I do like having a dedicated cutting computer and have used old windows machines in the beginnings fine.  this place is a great place to learn and taking the time go go thru the new bie manual under instructional material is a great place to start.

Welcome aboard from Michigan

The p-cut is a great starter machine - any of the lower end cutters take much more setup to get clean cuts than say the graphtecs or rolands. You can start with the p-cut and when it makes you enough money then move up to a better cutter.  stick with the oracal vinyls for consistent good materials.  the old mac will do fine as these machines are not that computer intensive.  I do like having a dedicated cutting computer and have used old windows machines in the beginnings fine.  this place is a great place to learn and taking the time go go thru the new bie manual under instructional material is a great place to start.

Welcome aboard from Michigan

Thank you for your advice! I will read the newbie manual....I am going there now!

Guest kenya

Welcome from Florida.

WOW what an introduction...... your entrusionium is wonderful.

The pcut is a great cutter to start with, you'll love it.