JLDesigns

Problems with Siser Easyweed

Curious...from the reviews and advice this vinyl (Siser Easyweed) seems easy to use and such.  But, I'm having some problems such as some simple shirts with one word on them, the letters are peeling off.  Am, I doing something wrong?  Any advice would be great!  thanks!

Guest sciondrgn

First thing I would check is your heat presses temperature and pressure.. I run my sunie about 305 for 12-15 seconds with SIser on a medium to firm pressure. Also are you pre-pressing the shirt to get the moisture out of it before applying?

Curious...from the reviews and advice this vinyl (Siser Easyweed) seems easy to use and such.  But, I'm having some problems such as some simple shirts with one word on them, the letters are peeling off.  Am, I doing something wrong?  Any advice would be great!  thanks!

how big is the letter - peeling of the shirt -- peeling of while your weeding - we have done 1000's with easy weed never had one peel off the shirt

if it fell off during weeding and was put on backwards that could cause a problem

Even with my Hotronix I find I need a little more pressure or temp than the specs to melt the letter into the shirt. If when you are done the letters seem to stick out from the surface of the shirt they may have adhesion problems. I just heat and press until they seem almost flush with the t shirt material.....So far no problems with durability.

First thing I would check is your heat presses temperature and pressure.. I run my sunie about 305 for 12-15 seconds with SIser on a medium to firm pressure. Also are you pre-pressing the shirt to get the moisture out of it before applying?

+1 I have never had a problem with the siser and my Sunie.  also make sure you pre press to get the moisture out of the shirt or it will peel

I have prepressed each shirt 10-15 seconds.  No issues with lettering coming up while weeding, so I don't think that's the issue.  The shirts look great when they are done but when I let them sit (days) they start to flake off, this was an issue I was on a shirt I did for someone a week ago and they came to get it yesterday, part of the lettering was coming off.  The other issues are I did 2" letters on 4 shirts, same wording, and they letters are peeling off.  One of the shirts I was able to peel off the entire word and repress a whole in word on the shirt.  I am running the Sunie at 305 and pressing 15-25 seconds....I'm just not sure what's going on.  Problem is I have 25 T-ball shirts to do tonight and I'm afraid this is going to happen again, the previous were for friends who are understanding and letting me redo them but I don't want the same issue with the T-Ball shirts.  I'll definitely try the temp thing tonight, but it's not like it's in only one spot on the press......I was able to peel off an entire word across the back of one of these shirts.  Please...any suggestions and any one had the same issue!

It sounds more like pressure than anything. I set my press at 320 and do them for 18 - 20 seconds. But I have so much pressure on mine that it takes both hands to release. If you don't apply a lot of pressure, the vinyl just lays on top of the material instead of binding to the mesh.

• Like 1

Pressure...so apply more pressure?  With my Sunie I still can't get it to lock down and stay so I've just been holding it down.  Will looking into that. 

Pressure...so apply more pressure?  With my Sunie I still can't get it to lock down and stay so I've just been holding it down.  Will looking into that. 

oh yea its not locking down so its only about 1/3rd the pressure so it wont bind into the material just sit on top, once it dries out it will flake

does anyone have a hint to how to get the Sunie to lock down?  I know towards the base of the handle there's a red rubber covering a screw.  Which way to turn?  Will this help it lock down?

Guest sciondrgn

Thats your issue, you have to push it down pretty hard to lock it down. You need to adjust the knob over the center to adjust your pressure. If you have it to far down you will never be able to lock it down, you need to turn that back up some.. Look at the video I did towards the end and you can see I clearly lock the press down for its time,

Jump to 3:00 Minutes

Well I tried my first EasyWeed on a Gildan 100% cotton t-shirt and I am having the same problem with the text lifting when I peel the carrier away. While hot.

302 to 320 degrees for upto 20 seconds under a Mighty Press.

I finally got the text to stay stuck when I peeled it cold.  I did a pre-heat. Maybe not long enough?

It was brought up on the t-shirt forums it could be the wrong vinyl.

Sure would be nice if Siser could label the back of this stuff. How in the world can one tell the EasyWeed from EasyWeed Extra if you had them side by side?

Well I tried my first EasyWeed on a Gildan 100% cotton t-shirt and I am having the same problem with the text lifting when I peel the carrier away. While hot.

302 to 320 degrees for upto 20 seconds under a Mighty Press.

I finally got the text to stay stuck when I peeled it cold.  I did a pre-heat. Maybe not long enough?

It was brought up on the t-shirt forums it could be the wrong vinyl.

Sure would be nice if Siser could label the back of this stuff. How in the world can one tell the EasyWeed from EasyWeed Extra if you had them side by side?

did you pre press the shirt for 5 seconds to remove the moisture?

What I do is press the vinyl with the teflon sheet on top of it, then wait for it to cool down, peel the transfer, then press the vinyl again with the teflon sheet on top of it without the transparent transfer for another 7 secs, when i press the vinyl this way it feels WAY smoother. IDK maybe its just me, but u should give it a try...

Speciality Graphics brought it to my attention that there is some bad lots of white out there. They asked for my lot number on the roll.

Waiting on their reply.

Guest manwayvan

I have never had this issue but you dont adjust the red rubbered screw to adjust pressure..There is a black knob toward the front that if you turn right it increases and turn left to decrease. You may have too much pressure is the reason it is not locking down but there was a bad lot of siser white(Mine was faded out in large areas like it has been heated or something). Also If you are pressing over areas where the color is in the way under it then it will not heat enough and you wont be able to put enough pressure for it to stick well..This is mainly for when your pressing sleeves or on the back of the shirt..Also my settings are 325TEMP Medium Pressure for 20 Sec and Pre Press Shirt for 5 sec. Bigfoot informed me that some shirts(i.e walmart)may need to be pre washed since they have something on them at the time of sale that can keep the siser from sticking..I havent had this problem yet but something to be aware of as well..Sorry to ramble but is the entire area lifting or just one side or the other..You may have a cold spot on your platen.

I'm having trouble with double letters peeling. Shadow the letters first and press 5 to 7 seconds and then cut the thinner letters and press 15 to 17 second. First layer NO problem but the top layer wants to peel after first wash. I wait at least 24 hours before wash. First layer I can see the welted of the shirt in the vinyl. Second layer in some places I can see it. It peels fine off with the heat just fine. Just the first darn letter wants to peel after wash?:huh:

I am having the same issue. I used siser on the top part of the shirt and cricut brand on bottom, siser peels but cricut is perfect. I thought I over heated it. I made another shirt and it totally peeled off. I dont use it. 

4 minutes ago, Katherin143 said:

I am having the same issue. I used siser on the top part of the shirt and cricut brand on bottom, siser peels but cricut is perfect. I thought I over heated it. I made another shirt and it totally peeled off. I dont use it. 

what kind of press are you using?  time and temp used?