Sign in to follow this  
Dipstah

Flexi8Mac Starter 8.5v2 installation issues with USB Dongle and OSX 10.6.2

Not sure if anyone else has ran into problems with installing Flexi8mac Starter 8.5v2 on Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Towards the end of the install I got these errors several times.

System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/Sentinel.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vendor for an update.

and

System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/SNTLClassicNotSeizeDriver.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vendor for an update.

This was resulting in the license dongle not initiating preventing Flexi from running. to resolve this I located newer drivers for the SafeNet Sentinel USB Dongle from safenet-inc.com. You can download them here http://www.safenet-inc.com/Support_and_Downloads/Download_Drivers/Sentinel_Drivers.aspx 

Hope the helps to keep someone else from pulling there hair out.

-Mike

Download lastest version of Sentinel System Driver for Mac OS and install it then re-install Flexi. It will be better!

I just started this, which plotter do I select, the one I bought was the ROHS 721 but it doesn't show up on the list does it matter?

I just started this, which plotter do I select, the one I bought was the ROHS 721 but it doesn't show up on the list does it matter?

flexi starter is the best software for mac,

but to cut from a mac you need the Keyspan,

uscutter should be bundling this with any cutter they sell "for mac"

or at least making it available as an option.

this is a Requirement for clean communication.

yes other this will work, maybe, sometimes, sort of,  save your self hours of trial and error and headaches, just get the keyspan.

:huh:

Hey! New here & I am experiencing this same issue except the updated drivers aren't working either! Any other suggestions? I am running FlexiMac 8.5 on a new MacBook running Mac OSX 10.6.2. Which driver do I download? None of them say they are specifically for 10.6, just 10.5. I am getting the same error messages as the original poster....

Thanks so much!

Hey! New here & I am experiencing this same issue except the updated drivers aren't working either! Any other suggestions? I am running FlexiMac 8.5 on a new MacBook running Mac OSX 10.6.2. Which driver do I download? None of them say they are specifically for 10.6, just 10.5. I am getting the same error messages as the original poster....

Thanks so much!

have your looked thru the trouble shooting guide? Sorry, I don't have a Mac, Just Flexi with windows

http://www.safenet-inc.com/uploadedFiles/SafeNet_Sentinel_End_User_Guide.pdf

I hadn't, but I read through it and still no luck! I tried calling, but of course my luck...no support on Saturdays! Seriously I am going cross-eyed & ready to pull my hair out with this thing! I've lost track of how many times I've installed/uninstalled.

I just wanted to let you all know that I called Flexi & was emailed an updated download link. I installed it and it works perfectly now! Just thought this might save a few others from pulling their hair out! :)

I just wanted to let you all know that I called Flexi & was emailed an updated download link. I installed it and it works perfectly now! Just thought this might save a few others from pulling their hair out! :)

You could help others by posting the updated link on the forum. Someone would probably appreciate it.