Dingus

Hello folks from South GA

Hello folks,

I've been reading on for some time now. Been trying to decide if I was going to take the plung and do this.  I finally did decide to do it and found what appears to be some good information and helpful folks here. You have a great site here:thumbsup: 

I am very close now to ordering my first cutter. I think after all my research it might be a Copam.  The Copam pushes my budget out of the box. But, I'm considering it for the quality. Hope I'm right on this.  I'm led to believe from what I've read the MH/P-cut units from old were really great but as of recent they have become less reliable.  I'd prefer to try an MH for the price but really want something I can get running out of the box and have no worries with for awhile. 

I'm looking to start a small business but I expect to keep my full time job for a few more years. I expect to move slow and steady. Learning it and building it in small steps.

Any comments/reviews and recently purchased units would be a great help!

I expect to make my purchase this coming week.

Your help is appreciated, Dingus

Thanks all and hello neighbor in the swamp lands from the flat lands near Albany.

Dingus

Guest kenya

Hi Dingus..... Welcome from Florida.

The Copam will be a great cutter of choice.  :thumbsup:

Btw.... your avatar cracks me up.  :thumbsup:

hello i wish you luck in your venture. im new to the game too. i just bought the 24" laserpoint with contour cut. i have no problems with the cutter straight out of the box. it has suprised me far more than i expected. just a little info u can go to ebay.com and bid on a cutter and if you are lucky you can walk away with one cheaper than you can buy from uscutter. just price the one you want from uscutter and then go to ebay and search vinyl cutter and if the price is cheaper than uscutter then you get one hell of a deal. i got mine for a 100 dollars cheaper with the stand.you can also get supplies the same way. welcome and good luck!

Update: Folks, I was fortunate enough to see a MH in action yesterday. I did the ebay deal and got a MH-871.  For my first cutter and the learning curve ahead seemed right. I no nothing at this point but was suprised how well the MH performed. I'm sure the operator helps too.  If mine will perform as well I will be happy.  I'm was going for a Copam until then.

Putting together my supplies list now.

I like Labs as all can tell.

Thanks again for the welcome...great site!

Dingus