VBGrafx

DO NOT LET THE TECH HAVE REMOTE ACCESS TO YOU COMPUTER!

I ordered the USCutter LaserPoint 36" from USCutter.com. The software was/is a nightmare to setup. After 4 days of getting SignCut to work... After loading the drivers and software several times. SignCut tech had to send me the files again. Download wasn't working.... I finally got the cutter to starting cutting, but the image would overlap the cuts. I called tech support and they wanted to have remote access and that's when ALL the fun started!

I watched as the tech clicked around changing settings..... then all of a sudden the USB drives All started failing and the computer went into shutdown mode! :)

I asked what he had done and he stated... "OOOOHHH, I don't know".... What? You don't know???

Whatever he did at that moment has corrupted the hard drive and sent the computer into BLUE SCREEN. I am now having a FBI agent look into the hard drive to see what was done, If it was intentional or not, and can it be fixed.....

DO NOT LET THE TECH SUPPORT HAVE REMOTE ACCESS TO YOU COMPUTER!

you can get a BLUE SCREEN,  just by having the wrong driver set up/  com  port setup mismatch. . I've done it  to my own computer several times .  It doesn't mean your computer was done for though.  

just do a search for BLUE SCREEN  on the forum,  you will find it many times.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,5463.msg34437.html#msg34437

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?action=search2

Yea,  I'm sure the FBI jumped right on that job.  LOL  probably been waiting on it.. SURE THEY ARE   LOL    :)

Guest sciondrgn
I am now having a FBI agent look into the hard drive to see what was done

Really...  :)

Guest fivestar

Restart...........tap "F8" key and select "Last Known Good Configuration".

Ya, Really!

I tried all that. the hard drive has a perm. error. This tech works on recovering software... and happens to work for the FBI.

If it is such an easy fix, why is it that the USCutter tech don't know what he did? and offered to fix it?

VERY shaddy, unprof. on USCutter's part. Really has messed my business up for the past few days.

Purchasing and installing this cutter has been the worst thing I could have done for this computer....

Guest fivestar

Ya, Really!

I tried all that. the hard drive has a perm. error. This tech works on recovering software... and happens to work for the FBI.

If it is such an easy fix, why is it that the USCutter tech don't know what he did? and offered to fix it?

VERY shaddy, unprof. on USCutter's part. Really has messed my business up for the past few days.

Purchasing and installing this cutter has been the worst thing I could have done for this computer....

You need to learn a little more about computers.  Could be a fluke that the HD went out at the exact same time or I bet you I could have you back up and running in 10 minutes tops.  Anyways, good luck with it.

Okay, so just to add fuel to the fire, oops, I mean clarification, is your tech working on your HD under the authority of the FBI, or do they just so happen to work for the FBI? See the difference? If they are working on your HD under the authority of the FBI then I will need to stop paying my Federal taxes because I know there has got to be far more important things than troubleshooting your HD. Oh wait, I suppose I should ask what you do for a living - because you might be someone very, very important and therefore require FBI-level tech support. :)

And SpeedDoggy is totally right, there could be any number of non-invasive/malicious causes for the BoD (Blue screen of Death). Chances are, you got a bad (incompatible) driver that shouldn't have installed, but did. Now when Windows wants to boot, it chokes on the incompatible driver. You don't hear about this issue a lot, because most techs will back track until they resolve the issue properly. People freak out way too easily on the BoD.

And which tech was it that had remote access? US Cutter or SignCut?

You may have tried all kinds of stuff, but what you didn't tell us is if you could boot in Safe Mode or not. If you can, then uninstall the cutter driver and any software associated with the cutter. If you can't get the machine to boot at all, then pull the HD and retrieve all you data/documents and do a fresh reformat and OS installation.

Hey Five...tell this guy how to do a simple boot sector repair. That's probably all it needs.

They have a lot of time to go around messing up someones computer on purpose . . .NOT

There's not much I could add to this thread that hasn't already been expressed....so, I'll just chuckle and be on my way.

I work for an ISP and we do remote computer work alot as part of our computer repair service........we get situations and people like this from time to time.  Only this time I get to say what I want :thumbsup:.

1.  No computer tech screwed up your computer on purpose.  If mistakes were made mistakes were made...freaking out over anything doesn't get a resolution.  Keep a level head and work with someone til there is a resolution, and you will be AMAZED at how hard companies and people will work to make you happy.  Freak out and start making threats about the FBI that can't be substantiated......and you will be surprised how little people want to help you.

2.  If it was a driver incompatibility or something of that sort that is causing the bsod.......it can be rolled back by anyone with a little knowledge about windows and a half hour of time.  If you understand how to boot into safe mode or go into last known good configuration....do so.  If not, find someone who does.

3.  If there is some kind of catastrophic permanent error on the hard drive....it was not and cannot be caused by USC installing a driver.......it was a fluke and happened at the same time.  If your car blows its engine idling at a gas station while the station attendant checks the tires.......its not the attendants fault.

4.  Good luck...and have a nice day :).

• Like 1

you can get a BLUE SCREEN,  just by having the wrong driver set up/  com  port setup mismatch. . I've done it  to my own computer several times .  It doesn't mean your computer was done for though.  

just do a search for BLUE SCREEN  on the forum,  you will find it many times.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,5463.msg34437.html#msg34437

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?action=search2

Yea,  I'm sure the FBI jumped right on that job.  LOL  probably been waiting on it.. SURE THEY ARE   LOL    :thumbsup:

yea,  when I fixed mine,,,,,,  I just called the local police  (ME) and fixed it myself.  :)  NOT THE FBI   LOL     I saved the taxpayers money.  and just called local PD   LOL  

Guest fivestar

Hey Five...tell this guy how to do a simple boot sector repair. That's probably all it needs.

I would but he's got the feds working on it.  :) :) :thumbsup: I think I am gonna call the ATF about someone throwing beer cans in my yard.

I would but he's got the feds working on it.  :) :) :thumbsup: I think I am gonna call the ATF about someone throwing beer cans in my yard.

If the cans have a deposit...why would you wanna ruin a good thing?

Guest fivestar

I would but he's got the feds working on it.  :):thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think I am gonna call the ATF about someone throwing beer cans in my yard.

No deposit here.

Just be thankful he didnt get JACK BAUER involved!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

There's not much I could add to this thread that hasn't already been expressed....so, I'll just chuckle and be on my way.

some people make a mountain out of a mole hill  +1 :thumbsup:

I would but he's got the feds working on it.  :):thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think I am gonna call the ATF about someone throwing beer cans in my yard.

No deposit here.

save 'em! The last time I checked, they are worth about a nickle each in aluminum.

Just be thankful he didnt get JACK BAUER involved!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

but that would take 24 hours . his a busy man.

I dont care who ya are thats FUNNY right there!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

I am now having a FBI agent look into the hard drive to see what was done

Now that is fricking funny, more like the blind leading the blind.

Don't forget to cover the rooms walls, windows and doors with grounded screen and lead to keep the NSA from remotely reading the info and your mind!

Don't forget to cover the rooms walls, windows and doors with grounded screen and lead to keep the NSA from remotely reading the info and your mind!

You guys are too much! Thanks... I needed the laugh!

Dakota,

You almost forgot one thing.......

the hat made from tinfoil.......

FBI------pffft

Let's just exaggerate the entire incident.

USC (Levi) has been in my computer more than a few times and it's always had a good turn out.

Maybe, just maybe, the computer the tech was working on had a windows3.1 op sys and the tech wasn't born when that dinosaur was out.......LMAO