sdgirl

A few questions about basebal jerseys

Hi. I am new to doing the heat press side of the business and tried to search and find out my answers but couldn't find them all. I have a customer wanting to know if I can do baseball jerseys. I just want to confirm I can do this on my heat press with vinyl. From reading other posts it looks like the thermoflex would be best for this? he is looking for either somekind of a polyester or nylon mesh jersey or else a wicking polyester shirt(under armour) kind of stuff. Where would I find this type of Jersey? What would you charge to do this with 2 colors on the front and the number on the back. I also need to know the standard size for the name on front and number on back.

Thank you so much,

Christi

You should be able to do this easily. There is some extra flexable heat transfer vinyl you can use on the under armor type and I have heard of other people using thermoflex on Jerseys.

There are several garment suppliers. I use www.sanmar.com they carry several different types of jerseys.

Thank you. I just registered with sanmar.com so I can see what they have.

They have warehouses throughout the country. most areas are next day shipping!

I have made several purcahases with them and they offer some great online tools to help you advertise and build your business too!

I never have had to fill out this type of form before. Usually faxing my resale lic. number is good enough.

Christi

Guest sciondrgn

Easyweed and ThermoFlex should work but they do have EasyWeed Extra and ThermoFlex Xtra which is for Nylon, Leather and harder to press materials..

I have used Easyweed on a football jersey but the lettering wanted to come up around the edges. I Plan on doing some more soon and was going to try the Extra's for the jersey type materials.

I was just at my distributor a couple of weeks ago and they showed me a sample of an Under Armour style shirt with their new Super Film, I think it's by Stahl's. That stuff is AMAZING!!!!!! It is soooooo thin you can barely feel it on that very thin shirt! He stretched the shirt as far as it would go and that stuff held up so well!

Super finish, super soft hand and super colors make

CAD-CUT

That sounds like an awesome product. Where would one find it?

I am still waiting to be excepted for saNmar to check out there Jerseys and pricing. Is there anywhere else that anyone can think of that sells them at a competive price?

Thank you!

Christi

I finally got onSanMar.conm and I only see one style of the actual Baseball jersy type. Am I not looking in the right spot?

Thank you.

nylon if water proof has a treatment on it so you need a vinyl with a good adhesive. Imprintable warehouse and stahls carry that type. Gorilla grip is the stahls version I think.

I used joto paper mulit cut on one set of wick shirts. Very soft hand. Imprintables has a eco film that is suppose to be real soft also.

Sisler easyweed seems to have some soft ones. Or atleast the samples they sent were soft to the touch.

With mesh you might have to worry about the adhesive pressing thru the holes so use something in between when pressing.

Does the league or tourney require a certain number size ? Some do. Some don't. 6 or 8 inches is normal around here.  Names 1.5 to 2 inches.

If you want the softest hand go with dye sub on the poly shirts. It can not be beat. I have done about 200 shirts and they are great. Draw back is you have to use light color shirts. Vinyl on poly wick shirts kinda defeats the wicking on them. If the design is small probably no biggie but still..

For poly theres

Denali www.sublimagic.com Used alot of these shirts.

Vapor Apparel  several different models to choose from.  Get them from conde.

VKM has some.  website is kinda fubared tho. Have to call them.

Badger sportswear - not cheap tho. but some cool ones.

Tonix -very cool looking stuff but not cheap either.

Augusta -  I only found one model I think its 790 for them but its an older catalog so may be more.

Few others out there.

Good Luck

Mark

Thanks you Mark. That is great advice. I did up a quote using the siser extra and with 2 types of jerseys. One is the champion polyestor from Jiffyshirts and the other was a badger polyestor brand from S&S. The color he wants for the shirts are Royal blue. I am not sure that would be light enough for what you suggested? I haven't heard from him as of yet so not sure if I was priced to high. Kinda scared to do one when you haven't done it and not sure the stuff would stick and stay on!

Thank you,

Christi

I got super films from stahls cadcut , but am having trouble cutting it with my uscutter laserpoint, can anyone help, what blade pressure should I use, I use siser at 105 and it cuts great but with superfilm I am having trouble , please help!

Thanks you Mark. That is great advice. I did up a quote using the siser extra and with 2 types of jerseys. One is the champion polyestor from Jiffyshirts and the other was a badger polyestor brand from S&S. The color he wants for the shirts are Royal blue. I am not sure that would be light enough for what you suggested? I haven't heard from him as of yet so not sure if I was priced to high. Kinda scared to do one when you haven't done it and not sure the stuff would stick and stay on!

Thank you,

Christi

You can't beat Transfer Express for jersey #'s. one color and multi color options. i also use their express names and had no problems. cost you a little more but worth it to me.

another uniform website is www.allstaruniforms.net

forgot to mention... I have had no problems with easyweed or fibron.