I recall a while back some discussions around upgrading the memory - I recently had my cutter stop mid cut on a large, complex job.

Can I upgrade the memory? What do I need & where can I get it?

thanks.

uscutter used to have them on its website for the mh1351 but they are not on there now- I would pm one of the USC people like Howard

Granted I'm still the new guy, but I haven't heard of any MH machine that we currently carry that has memory upgrade capabilities. I'm more incline to think its a setting within the software you're using or perhaps a driver issue. How large was the job in terms of file size?

The 1351's definitely used to have a memory upgrade option and could be ordered as spare parts and installed.  I personally had one

I had my MH721 stop a few days ago almost at the end of the cut. It was a large cut but I dont know the size of the file or anything. Anything to keep this from happening again would be nice.

there was a 4 meg memory upgrade a few years ago. I was going to order memory for my 721. But then I got the copam.

Yeah....if I were troubleshooting I would look at USB and static first.  They can cause stopping.

It takes a really big cut file to be over 2 meg....dasalottanodes!

if using  USB get away from it.  get an adapter and go serial,  even if you don't have a serial port on your computer,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812999081&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-12-999-081-_-Product

also make sure it is not static causeing the problem,  ground your stand to your cutter,  if it is on a stand. 

Why is USB bad?

usb can drop connection alot more,  cutters vibrate, loose connectors etc.  A serial connection is actually screwed to the connection.  More solid.

I had my MH721 stop a few days ago almost at the end of the cut. It was a large cut but I dont know the size of the file or anything. Anything to keep this from happening again would be nice.

I also make sure my screensavers are set to not come on for a very long time. 

Will you need to do anything as far as drivers go? I also noticed the keyspan is alot more expensive than the others I can came across, what does the Keyspan offer the others do not? THanks for the great advice! :thumbsup:

Will you need to do anything as far as drivers go? I also noticed the keyspan is alot more expensive than the others I can came across, what does the Keyspan offer the others do not? THanks for the great advice! :thumbsup:

right from the Keyspan ad. This "High Speed" USB Serial Adapter supports data rates up to 230 Kbps - twice the speed of a standard PC serial port. It is 100% USB compliant and features simple "Plug and Play" installation (no IRQs). Ideal for laptops (it weighs just 2 oz.), the Adapter draws its power from the USB connection so no power adapter is required.

it is plug and play

If you're going to keep using USB, it's worth it to install a dedicated PCI card for it, so it doesn't share power with any other devices.

right from the Keyspan ad. This "High Speed" USB Serial Adapter supports data rates up to 230 Kbps - twice the speed of a standard PC serial port. It is 100% USB compliant and features simple "Plug and Play" installation (no IRQs). Ideal for laptops (it weighs just 2 oz.), the Adapter draws its power from the USB connection so no power adapter is required.

it is plug and play

Man your on it dawg gone it! All the others list them as "High Speed" as well but I am sure they arent as high as they like people to think.