FutureSgtsWife

Need 100,000 tshirts...

For my day job (I'm VP of a major corporate promotions company that runs sweepstakes/games/contests/offers) - one of our clients wants to do a give-away on FaceBook to the first 100,000 fans... They get a free tshirt - one of three colors, in one of three sizes with one of three logos.  (yes, that means 27 different options).  We have our procurement department researching having the shirts screened - but one of the issues is timing.  We won't know what sizes/colors of shirts until the end.  So I was crazily thinking plastisol transfers.  There would only be 3 logos - all 1-color - all in black.  If I ordered those, they would just have to be pressed then.  Our company could purchase a bunch of presses and hire staff to make the shirts.

Am I crazy thinking this could work?  Timing is our biggest issue - and stock (not knowing what colors/sizes upfront that would be ordered)....

Thoughts??  Suggestions??

might work we have 7,529 members on here wonder how many heat presses we could come up with LOL

If you put a disclaimer in the promotion with " please allow 4 to 6 weeks " on the free t-shirt. Then hire a contract printer to print the shirts. That will give you enough time after the end of the promotion to print and ship the t's. But it will also save you having to buy presses and hire staff to press transfers.

If you're going to do it yourself, you should probably start contacting T-shirt wholesalers now. I don't know if there are any who keeps that many shirts in stock.

Yes, you are crazy to think that you could pull that off in-house.  Thats 1388 cases of shirts to house and move around.  Even if it only took you 30 seconds to press each shirt, it's still 833 hours of time.

You could get these contract printed for very cheap, under $2 each I'd be willing to bet.

Edit:  I bet there are only a few contract printers in the country that would take this order, but I just saw a quote on TSF for a qty of 25K for ~$1.40/each.

Wow, work smarter not harder people. If you do anymore than a few dozen on a heat press you are wasting your time.

100,000 shirts would get send to a screenprinter without a doubt.

or you could use cafepress, then all you have to do is handle the orders.

They stock the shirts,

they print,

they ship.

I'll do 1000 of them if you supply shirts and plastisol...press fee of $1 each for one side.

Any other takes?  WE CAN DO IT USCUTTER LOL.

I'm only partially serious......I think :).

I could screen print them...  I have never done 100k but have done 10k and it was not as bad as I thought. We also have 2 press's  so we had them both going at the same time.