msmith08

Home based or storefront?

I'm just curious how many of you on here do your work out of your home or do it from a storefront. I guess mine would be more considered a home thing since I really don't have hours of operations. I get most of my business from word of mouth.

Mike

I do home but very quickly ran out of space. In the process of moving to accommodate the business. buying a bigger house with the room for the business is going to be cheaper than paying rent for a store front.

Guest fivestar

I do home but very quickly ran out of space. In the process of moving to accommodate the business. buying a bigger house with the room for the business is going to be cheaper than paying rent for a store front.

Buy the storefront building

Mostly homebased, and selling wholesale to a storefront. I'm looking to move in and share a warehouse space with another business in the next few months but still keeping the same business model

I thought about it but needed a bigger house anyway. This works out good for now the house is bigger with a 1.5 car attached garage and a 2.5 unattached garage, thats where the business is going in the unattached. Plus its right on the main road

Guest fivestar

I thought about it but needed a bigger house anyway. This works out good for now the house is bigger with a 1.5 car attached garage and a 2.5 unattached garage, thats where the business is going in the unattached. Plus its right on the main road

Just check with local laws and be sure it's zoned for commercial/residential.  That can become a big problem for you.

I started as home about 5 years ago. Now I have 2 store fronts and it was the best thing I have done. Its so nice to not have your business at your home my opinion.

I work out of my home as well..a bit crowded but I have all the work I can handle,and the lack of a store front hasn't seemed to hurt. I get plenty of local work, mostly by word-of-mouth.

It wouldn't be so crowded if I didn't have 4 cutters, a 12 piece drum kit,a commercial sewing machine with stand, and about 20 computers scattered about.

Guest kenya

Home for me also.  ;D

I find it crazy to pay rent & other expenses when I have everything at home.

And my shop has it's own entry- so customers don't come thru my house.

My day business has been run out of our house since 1984.... works for me. :P

Home based business for me. Mostly word of mouth. Have my own website. Have enough to keep me busy. Do alot of things through my local chamber as well as various business in our area. Check out bait shops bring in a few sample decals,shooting ranges and so on. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

I work out of 1 room. And its about 15x18ft. Thats the only space the wife would let me have. Talk about cramped. I have a 54" printer, 24" cutter, 54" laminator, 5x8 oak table, the computer desk, and lots of shelving room.... Its 1 person in here at a time.lol

Guest fivestar

I work out of 1 room. And its about 15x18ft. Thats the only space the wife would let me have. Talk about cramped. I have a 54" printer, 24" cutter, 54" laminator, 5x8 oak table, the computer desk, and lots of shelving room.... Its 1 person in here at a time.lol

James did you move?  Because the room I seen you in didn't seem to be that big.  ;D

James did you move?  Because the room I seen you in didn't seem to be that big.  :P

LMAO i know right. No i didnt move, still same room but i did add a 54" laminator since you were here...if you can imagine that ;D

Guest fivestar

James did you move?  Because the room I seen you in didn't seem to be that big.  :P

LMAO i know right. No i didnt move, still same room but i did add a 54" laminator since you were here...if you can imagine that ;D

ROFLMAO..........I'd really like to see where/how you put it in that room.

Home, but its just a hobby. If I were golfing like I used to it would COST me 200 bucks a day. New hobby MAKES me 200 bucks in one day when I feel the need to cut & weed.LOL!