The invoice is half done. i was going to add buttons to add information from the material calculator aspect to the invoice but i realized i cant find a way to do it properly. i was thinking about adding the subtotal of the material part and the qty is their respective place and you choose the product description. but i forgot about the app tape cost n all. i tried thinking it up in my head but the only way i know how to do it wont work right.

so with that being said i will add something for the substrates to add them to the invoice and the letter calculator and the labor. i will reference all totals on the invoice so you can easily add the totals and QTYs.

not as automated as i would have liked but itll work for now.

the invoice is 3/4 the way done. i just have one question for everyone who is interested in this. right now i have 2 discount methods. one for QTY or one for dollar amount. so if the subtotal equals a certain amount it applies this discount to everything. same thing for the QTY. now my question is, is the labor discounted as well?

i only ask because i was thinking about it. to me if you discount the price you discount the subtotal before tax and shipping. the subtotal being everything you have in the invoice including the labor. if you include it. i know everyone is diff so as soon as i get that feedback ill be finishing up and releasing

I agree that the discount should be applied to the entire order, including labor.

+1

FINALLY i have finished. i think. haha. check the first post for the latest and greatest.

i have not had a chance to write up a "readme" most of it is self explanatory. i tried to label everything as clear as possible.

so far everything seems to work perfectly.

unfortunately if you have excel 2003 or earlier you need to download the office compatability pack from micro$oft. as well as the xps viewer plugin.

i cant figure out how to export the invoice to word but itll export to an xps document.

this thing does have macros in it. for excel 2007 users youll be presented with a toolbar saying it is a macro enabled workbook with a button that says options. click it and click allow. if you dont the functionality will be terrible.

im not sure what happens in excel 2003 or earlier. i dont have that on any of my computers. if i can find it in my discs laying around ill install it and check.

please please please please let me know of any problems that occur and ill try to get back to you asap and fix the problem within the workbook.

this is the beta release so it might have bugs but it might not and its def not finished yet cosmetically and i still have to write up a readme.

so check the first post and download.

EDIT-i forgot to tell everyone. the invoice is split up into 3 sections. the first 5 rows are for the material part to coincide with the material calculator

the next 5 rows are for whatever you want.

the last 5 rows coincide with the checkboxes in the grand total section of the invoice.

each row has a dropdown for the description. click on add products to find the sheet to store that info. its self explanatory with the sections

sorry for no readme i just wanted to release this. im going to write one up explaining everything.

I already found a problem haha. In the hourly rate calculator when you change the currency symbol it also changes the percent fields. oops. I updated the file.

Man, that is a awesome spreadsheet!  :thumbsup:

I'm going to look over it tonight. I'm sure I'll have questions.  ;D

Please let me know of any problems so I can fix them. I'm also writing up a readme that explains all the sections. 

Please let me know of any problems so I can fix them. I'm also writing up a readme that explains all the sections. 

That would be helpful. I'm lost in a few areas..

I'm sitting here at work thinking how I can improve this thing already. In the material calculator it asks you to select a material. I'm gonna change it to per row. Same thing with the app tape. I'm also going to add  classes per line for the letter calculator. So line 1 can be a class and line 5 can be a separate class.

Also thinking about adding something for a banner as well.

There may be something wrong with the invoice as well. I think I used the wrong values for the grand totals section. And the middle 5 rows if you click a product I don't think it inputs a price. I'll check when I get home.

I have a question for everyone. ive included app tape calculations in this. do any of you really use it? reason im asking is i can still keep the app tape calculations there but just add the sq ft to the overall from the material calculations and get the price that way. my next question is how do you guys add the cost of app tape? Im just trying to work something out here to keep an accurate price. right now with the way i have the invoice setup, its not looking too good with the app tape cost added into it.

Hey Dave 

FANTASTIC WORK !!!!!

Just a few things ... i know this is the beta version  but is it suposed to convert to UK

Can i just say WOW. This is a great application. And i am sure i am speaking for everyone here wheen i say thanks for the time and effort you have put into this.

Hey Dave 

FANTASTIC WORK !!!!!

Just a few things ... i know this is the beta version  but is it suposed to convert to UK

Is there any chance  easially that you can make this work in microsoft works  so I dont have to buy a new program?

Is there any chance  easially that you can make this work in microsoft works  so I dont have to buy a new program?

O man I honestly have no idea. I'll tell you what tho. Office 2007  gives me an option to save as an open office document. I'll do that and test it out and post my results. Open office is free.

Pretty sure that MS Works doesn't have the formula and formatting capability of excel.

Looks pretty sweet, DG.  I have been messing with it a bit, and so far I'm trying to get using it full time.  I have a few things I have noticed so far:

The "print invoice" button goes to Quick Print, rather than regular print, which is kind a pain, because I export the invoice as a PDF, as well as printing it.  How can I modify the function of that button?

The invoice is sort of an odd ratio, and doesn't print centered/scaled to the page.  This can probably be fixed by making the print button go to regular print, where you can preview and scale it to 100%.

Couple questions:

Does the material markup in vinyl pricer>customizations also apply to the substrate box?

When I add a new material (e.g. Oracal 651) and the cost to the material calculator, then select that material, it doesnt seem to update the cost for that material in the customization box above, I have to manually enter the cost/sq ft, is this correct?  Is there a way to tie these together?

The "print invoice" button goes to Quick Print, rather than regular print, which is kind a pain, because I export the invoice as a PDF, as well as printing it.   How can I modify the function of that button?

if your using excel 2007 go to the developer tab. if you dont have the developer tab showing click on the office button then excel options then check the box that says display developer tab or somehting of the sorts. once your at the developer tab click on design mode. then double click the button to open the vb manager for the code. its only 2 lines of code. it just prints directly to the default printer. ill see what i can do to change it. i was going to put a button in there to print to PDF as well so if ya feel like waiting for a week itll be there.

The invoice is sort of an odd ratio, and doesn't print centered/scaled to the page.  This can probably be fixed by making the print button go to regular print, where you can preview and scale it to 100%.

your probably right. ill see what i can do to get it to center up and put it in the code.

Couple questions:

Does the material markup in vinyl pricer>customizations also apply to the substrate box?

no but i can change that just a little bit of code and a yes or no box haha.

When I add a new material (e.g. Oracal 651) and the cost to the material calculator, then select that material, it doesnt seem to update the cost for that material in the customization box above, I have to manually enter the cost/sq ft, is this correct?  Is there a way to tie these together?

it updates the price. you just cant see it. sq foot costs in the customizations box are there for your own cost of you charge that way. it reacts to the box that says "charge by custom sq ft" if you select yes it will use what you defined in the customize box. if you select no it will base the sq ft price off of the price of the roll. the raw cost per sq ft. this is where the markup would come into play. usually if you set your own cost its already marked up. but you still have the option to mark that up as well.

i hope i answered your questions. and please remember this is in beta stage and i wouldnt recommend going full force with it yet. wait a week or so and the final one will be out. thanks for the questions tho. and if you have any more dont hesitate to ask. i check this post often. i also noted the changes above and they will be in the final version.

so i decided how i want to calculate the application tape into the material calculator. im going to have 2 areas to select material and app tape per row. instead of putting in custom values (size and QTY) im going to take the size of the material part and add 1 inch. youll still be able to set the price as well as choose which app tape. this just cleans it up a bit and the price is automatically added. ill give an option to include apptape or not. unless someone else has an idea about this problem, this is how the final version will be.