Is there any chance  easially that you can make this work in microsoft works  so I dont have to buy a new program?

did some testing on open office and it doesnt work. at all. some of it does but the important parts do not. however i did a search on google and found this...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933428

it tells you how to open excel 2007 files in microsoft works. hope that helps. let me know what you come up with.

Thanks for the info on how to enter developer mode.  I had been on 2003 until you posted this, so I had to get my hands on 2007 before I could even play with it.  Luckily Office is cheap.. :thumbsup:

Regarding the print button:  Replace the second line of code with this: Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show

This will allow you to select a printer (including pdf), configure it, preview and then print.

However, scaling it to 1 page x 1 page still doesnt work for some reason.  I tried adjusting it via page setup a few different ways but it still didn't work.  Not a deal-breaker, but it kind of sucks that there is such a large margin.

it updates the price. you just cant see it. sq foot costs in the customizations box are there for your own cost of you charge that way. it reacts to the box that says "charge by custom sq ft" if you select yes it will use what you defined in the customize box. if you select no it will base the sq ft price off of the price of the roll. the raw cost per sq ft. this is where the markup would come into play. usually if you set your own cost its already marked up. but you still have the option to mark that up as well.

Ah, I was looking at it backwards, I had the selector box set to yes, driving the upper customization box, gotcha.  So where then does the material markup get applied to the standard materials?  For instance, if I want a 100% material markup, how do I apply that to the standard material calculator or is it driven by the customization box?

Also, another general excel 2007 question:  When the cell says =Calculations!D76, where do I go to view the formulas/calculations that is referring to?

Omg office is very cheap these days Haha.

I figured out the print code after you postwd tge problem  i fixed it and i also fixed the margin problem. 

The material markup in the customize box marks up your cost and raw cost.

To get to the calculations sheet right click on any sheet at the bottom then click unhide then a dialog box pops up. select calculations and hit ok

HOW SHOULD THE MARKUP be applied?  Sorry for caps I'm on my phone. Should it be appled to the sq ft raw cost or the whole roll cost?

Great work but i find it very confusing for some reason. Might be just me though.

Great work but i find it very confusing for some reason. Might be just me though.

I do to?

Where do you start? Where do you begin to calculate cost? Do you make your own materials and price them, and then use the spreadsheet?

Sorry..  :-

Just give me a little time. I'll have a readme. You shouldn't be using this for full time work just yet. It's still in beta stage cuz there are bugs.

You start with the hourly rate calculator. Then move to the vinyl price. Everything is labeled. I understand it can be confusing. Just hold off for a couple more days. I'm very good at writing instructions. Everything will be crisp and clear when that time comes.

Ok, thanks for all the replies, I thought it was high, but I don't know the wrap business. You all are great help! Thanks so much!

just a small update on the final version. its been hectic this past week. i actually had alot of business this week. i shuold have the final version plus the readme out tomorrow sometime. if there is anything that needs to be changed or added or whatever, let me know now

not yet. i been busy with alot of stuff. i posted before that i do have a full time job during the day and my daughter to take care of plus my actual sign business and lately i just been busy. its gonna get done sooner than later.

not yet. i been busy with alot of stuff. i posted before that i do have a full time job during the day and my daughter to take care of plus my actual sign business and lately i just been busy. its gonna get done sooner than later.

with all you got going you do an incredible job, and you don't charge so when it comes it comes - you should feel no pressure at all from anyone!

with all you got going you do an incredible job, and you don't charge so when it comes it comes - you should feel no pressure at all from anyone!

:) :) :)

ok guys. sorry for taking so long. been a hectic and very busy couple weeks. made some good money tho  :thumbsup:;):huh:

so the vinyl pricer is completed. to the best of my ability. i changed a few things around. made a few things better. it should work perfectly now with no problems. as i type i am also working on the Readme for this. it explains in detail every part of this so you should have no worries. when i release it tho please take the time to fully read the readme. thats why its there. you will better understand all of the inner workings and how to calculate.

give me another day or 2 and i will update the first post.

OMG I just must say you are awesome and i cannot wait to see the final result.

Am I missing something?  I don't see an attachment or file to download... has it been temporarily disabled, or is there a link to it that I've missed?

Thanks,

Rex S.

same with me, ive been watching this thread for a few weeks thinking it was taken down until completed but it seems as if I just cant see the attachment or I am blind as well.

The attachment is on the first post.  I believe he is still working on the final update.

Sorry - I've just been over his first post completely again - with FireFox and with IE - and I don't see any attachment with either browser...  Maybe it's still disabled.

I was looking for it also and can't find it...

Can't wait to find it

I was looking for it also and can't find it...

Can't wait to find it

me too.