Guest Schramm

Desk that my daughter and I did - Titanic

Guest Schramm

About 6 months ago I went to a garage sale and found this vanity.  I got this for a whopping $4, the guy with the sale said that 100's of people looked at it but just passed it up.  It sat in my basement for about 3 months with me working around it and one day I decided that I wanted the top to look like an old titanic sign so this is what me and my daughter came up with...

post-0-12986551206136_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986551206551_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986551207157_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298655120754_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986551220584_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986551220893_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986551221334_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986551221605_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

I have been a decorative painter for 23 years.

I used a lot of the natural age of the desk (what I mean is I didnt start smooth) and just made it deeper with glaze.

Guest Schramm

No that is composition leaf.  I allow her to use compo and metallic foil but I am the only one (so far) that is allowed to touch the real gold.

Guest kenya

Wonderful work Rob..... your technique is awesome.  :thumbsup:

Gosh that is cool. Nice work. What color glaze is that that gives it the almost coffee staind look? Oil or latex paint? Keep up the good work.

Guest Schramm

The paint is 100% latex as well as the antiquing stain by Faux Effects.  In order to buy a Faux Effects product you must have taken one of there professional classes.  There stains, glazes and so on are the best on the market.

Guest manwayvan

Top Notch Man! I love the look of the antique finish do you mind posting how long it took from start to finish?

Guest Schramm

Because it was my daughter doing the painting and not me and this includes layout on the computer, cut, weed and application of stencils and the clear coat after my daughter was done - 2 Hours give or take.