Sign in to follow this  
edge

Is it possible to LaserJet 3m Controltac?

I'm definitely out of my element, so bear with me here. As the result of an office closure; I was given two Laser printers, along with sheets of 3m ControlTac (series unknown).  At this time I was told they thought someone in the backroom had been using this ControlTac in a laser printer for magnetic sign application. I have been all over the internet looking for insight and apparently have not looked in the right places. I don't think either of these printers (one monochrome, one color) uses a solvent based ink, so from what I have read about any ControlTac am begining to think it ain't gonna work. Any insight?

There is special laser vinyl available.

If this 3M stuff work I would not try if you have no specs.

laser fuser units work at 180-200 degrees celsius!

You need special vinyl.

Paco

I have actually used control tac in my samsung ML-2510 monochrome laser before. Seemed to work just fine. I had gotten a sample pack of the control tac and figured what the hell. So Yes, it does work. Not sure on longevity or anything like that though.

Thank you...my source claimed they were using this method for a simple logo on Company vehicles, before closing the doors and selling off. The amount of ControlTac given was small, have been reluctant to test....but you've made it easier to take the plunge when I find the right fit.