Hi all,

I've had some static issues in the past with my MH1351; I called the support guys over at USCutter and got the recommendation to manually ground the cutter (which I did).  While it still resets if I use larger vinyl, it resets less.  :thumbsup:

However, today the cutter reset itself and on the next cut, started feeding the vinyl very slowly through.  I assumed it just reset a setting, and when I checked the setup, I got a bit of a surprise when the "e Speed" setting was garbled (see the image).

I've been unable to get the cutter to feed the vinyl any faster, even though when the blade drops, it cuts quickly.  Is the motherboard just toast at this point?  I really dig this cutter, but I'm having more issues than I would have expected, so any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-7325-12986551160297_thumb.jpg

post-7325-12986551169958_thumb.jpg

Tried unplugging it for an hour - same issue.  I'm going to open a ticket right now.  Thanks for your help!

doesn't look good for the board - I think someone did say USC has a process for a hard reset - the ticket will tell

Just as an update, I contacted support, and have replaced the motherboard.  The cutter is back up and running.

Glad you got it worked out! make sure you have the stand grounded to the cutter and a surge suppressor on the computer and cutter

No kidding.  I have the stand grounded to the building's ground, and it's also sitting on two anti-static pads (one for each leg), which are also grounded to the building ground.  I don't want to take any chances!!

No kidding.  I have the stand grounded to the building's ground, and it's also sitting on two anti-static pads (one for each leg), which are also grounded to the building ground.  I don't want to take any chances!!

Doesn't this have plastic wheels on the stand so the grounding pads wouldn't do anything?  the ground wire from the stand to the cutter would do the same thing as from the stand to the building ground but mine is grounded like that also after I notice the amount of static build up when I got my graphtec and was doing t-shirt vinyl

It does have plastic wheels that come on the stand.  Those have been removed to assist in any static removal.  :(

And wait - you have the same problem with a Graphtec??  I literally just bought one of those and was hoping to avoid the same issues!

I have a Graphtec, 30"  and I cut all the time and it never stops or has static issues,  NEVER!!!   and it is not grounded stand to cutter.  Have used it for over 2 years.  And it's on USB from a laptop. And I don't have anything special going on in the enviroment of this old house either.  No air conditioning,  no humidifier.  Gas force air furnace.  I have never has any type of problems with my cutter,,, EVER!!!!

What a relief!  I got the Graphtec to be my 24" workhorse and my stomach all clinched up thinking it would have the same static issues.  :(

I'm really glad to hear you've been able to use yours for so long - that's exactly what I'm after.

I never had problems but grounded it to be safe - the t-shirt vinyl was creating a LOT of static that night

I just use regular vinyl.. and it is  plugged in to a surge protector,  but that's it.  I bought my Graphtec long before I ever found this forum.  I didn't know there was problems like that.  until I read here,,  :(,  and never thought about it.  but I have never had them.  

The graphtecs I believe are better built and protected than the Chinese cutters.  there have been many issues with static and them