jhelms

can I print on vinyl with epson wf1100

So Frog Juice and a clear vinyl would probably work then right?  I don't have a laminator so trying to impovise.  I have the oracle clear vinly and i have some frog juice.  I thing with a combination of both it should work?  Your thoughts?  i am printing on SIHL 3988 matte vinyl.

Guest sciondrgn

Pappilo Vinyl /w Frog Juice

s640x480

s640x480

Claw, you printed the whole sign at once? On the banner or you attached it to the banner? Probably crazy questions but I ordered the 1100 and it should be here tomorrow so I was going to order some vinyl for it today.

Guest sciondrgn

Claw, you printed the whole sign at once? On the banner or you attached it to the banner? Probably crazy questions but I ordered the 1100 and it should be here tomorrow so I was going to order some vinyl for it today.

All the lettering is oracal, Just the other parts are printed and applied to the banner

Guest sciondrgn

oh ok  Do you ever order supplies from JSISIGNS here in Georgia?

I haven't heard of them. Do they have a website?

I've got a bunch of stuff from them. Good bunch of guys, not the cheapest place to purchase, but if you ever have a problem with something, they WILL take care of it, unlike some of these other places you keep hearing about.

Are there Drivers for Flexi (Pro 8.1) so you can print with the registration marks and then contour cut?(cannot find them in the list) Sorry if these questions have been answered. Been thinking of buying one so i can do smaller printed stickers for myself.

Is there a clear vinyl that can be printed on with the pigment inks.  I know Sihl doesn't have any, but checking to see if it is out there somewhere.

Awesome thread

I've seen clear vinyl before (can't remember the brand right now) but it doesn't look that good (and definitely not very clear) because they have to be coated for waterbased ink.

It will go up to 13x44 total size, You have to set a custom size in whatever program your using. in robo you can set a user preset size and save it as an option.

I want to do a printed banner for a wedding. I am not sure if I should do it in power point or corel but how do you do the cutom size? I tried to do it in photo gallery and it wasn't working.

I use the Papillio paper with Frog juice and it works great with my 1100

Did you print using pigment ink or dye ?. I have the pigment ink I kind dont like it very much the printing. What you guys are using ??

The thing with papillio is that they have limited sizes of their vinyl material, 11x8.38. The two materials I listed come in 36" widths and 72/65 feet long, so they could be cut into 12x36 inch strips and fed through the 1100 with the custom size selection, being able to do longer images.

Hmm...I was unaware the 1100 would do something that large.....do you have instructions on how to get it to print something that big?  I was under the impression it would only do sheet goods 13x19 or smaller.  That would be awesome if it can, might order one that much sooner.

I use the Papillio paper with Frog juice and it works great with my 1100

Did you print using pigment ink or dye ?. I have the pigment ink I kind dont like it very much the printing. What you guys are using ??

The thing with papillio is that they have limited sizes of their vinyl material, 11x8.38. The two materials I listed come in 36" widths and 72/65 feet long, so they could be cut into 12x36 inch strips and fed through the 1100 with the custom size selection, being able to do longer images.

Hmm...I was unaware the 1100 would do something that large.....do you have instructions on how to get it to print something that big?  I was under the impression it would only do sheet goods 13x19 or smaller.  That would be awesome if it can, might order one that much sooner.

have you read the manual?

How do you print large prints with the epson w1100? like tile cutting with a vinyl potter (30"x 110"). Is there any software designed for large printing that is needed? Thanks for your help.

I use pigment ink since I also do t-shirt transfers. To design my stuff for my printer I use corel draw x3.

Quick question about Frog Spit...is it basically just a clear coat? My main concern is whether or not it has any flexible property to it. Have you had any issues with it cracking or peeling during install? Do you have to use a low tac transfer tape with it?

Thanks for your help.

Quick question about Frog Spit...is it basically just a clear coat? My main concern is whether or not it has any flexible property to it. Have you had any issues with it cracking or peeling during install? Do you have to use a low tac transfer tape with it?

Thanks for your help.

I have only used frog juice a few times on stihl printable vinyl. It is clear and just basically makes the pic look glossy. I didn'thave any problem with cracking. Just residue getting on it when I used it outside.

I have used the stihl to print on and make banners. Now I have a new quest and was wondering how you apply it to autos? Do you put transfer tape on it or would that make the ink/frog juice come off?

Thank you,

Christi

Yes you can put transfer tape on it if it needs it. If small enough/one piece you can just peel the backer and attach.

I have used the stihl to print on and make banners. Now I have a new quest and was wondering how you apply it to autos? Do you put transfer tape on it or would that make the ink/frog juice come off?

Thank you,

Christi

Thanks so much. This is actually going on a canvas banner and is to big to not use someting. They also want vinyl that goes across the corner so hopefully that will stick after the frog juice or I am using super glue :)

Yes you can put transfer tape on it if it needs it. If small enough/one piece you can just peel the backer and attach.

Thanks so much. This is actually going on a canvas banner and is to big to not use someting. They also want vinyl that goes across the corner so hopefully that will stick after the frog juice or I am using super glue :)

Super Glue hahahahahahah Now thats just funny right dere weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbsup::o:D

Super Glue hahahahahahah Now thats just funny right dere weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbsup::o:D

Haha you never know. The stihl went on great. I didn't even need transfer tape. Just peeled the backing down a bit and lined up the two top corners and used my big squegee and pulled the backing off while using the squegee and it went on perfect. The vinyl also went over the picture and stuck good which means no super glue..:)

Christi