jhelms

can I print on vinyl with epson wf1100

Alright, ill put in my order later tonight. I just ordered 2 cans of frog juice as well, spray type.

Used my 1100 out last night 1st time, Got me a new sunie yesterday JPSS, shirt turned out perfect made for our VBS at church they are ordering 50+ shirts LOVE IT!!!! jhelms

Does anyone make a 13" roll of printable vinyl that would work in the 1100? That seems like it would be ideal. Or maybe cut a 24" in half? I'm just starting and thinking it would be great to get a 10 yard roll.

Not sure, just in researching I am having problems finding even large rolls of aqueous printable vinyl.....let alone small ones.  Looks like I might go the papillo rout and send my big stuff to one of the solvent printers on here.

Does anyone make a 13" roll of printable vinyl that would work in the 1100? That seems like it would be ideal. Or maybe cut a 24" in half? I'm just starting and thinking it would be great to get a 10 yard roll.

Think about it in the other direction, order a 36 or 42 inch roll an cut them in 12 inch strips, that way you have 12x36 inch pieces to feed through

Yeah, the only thing that makes me nervous about that sihl stuff is it says quantity limited at the bottom...as if they aren't going to sell it once out of stock.  I like to commit to products I know will be around if at all possible.

Yeah, the only thing that makes me nervous about that sihl stuff is it says quantity limited at the bottom...as if they aren't going to sell it once out of stock.  I like to commit to products I know will be around if at all possible.

My local distributor sells the SIHL and has alot in stock, they are Reese Supply, they are located in these areas

post-7456-129865513666_thumb.jpg

post-7456-12986551379206_thumb.jpg

I put in a request in at mactac a few days ago and they called me today my samples going out tomorrow dont know what size yet there is another thread in this forum that says the JT 1958p is the stuff for the 1100 will let you know how it works jhelms

I called fellers, they have the IPM 2120 by avery for  $1 per square foot, 36" rollsx45 foot for 127.99.  Spose to last 4 years with an overlaminate, not too bad.

Does the coating on MacTac to enable printing give the vinyl a matte or gloss finish? Does this type of vinyl offer the same resistance to tearing as other conventional 4 mil vinyls?

I also put in that request with MACtac the day I posted the contact info for mactac rep,

anything water base printable needs to be matte or else the ink stays wet and smears, i dont know about the thickness.

yeah, I use 4 mil matte printable vinyl. It's tear resistent, but it is definitely thick, esp after you add another mil for the overlaminant. But it works in a pinch for small quantity stuff...

I'm currently using ImageStixx for this purpose in sheets and wondering if MacTac is all that different or if perhaps ImageStixx is in reality MacTac cut down and remarketed? Using pigmented ink without any protective layer or coating I've had success with it lasting 12+ mo with moderate UV fade. However the product easily tears upon removal attempt at that point.

Alright I got my Cobra 1100 today, along with the Mactac sample and printed up some stickers for a local band. Sealed them with some frog juice and they are amazing, they are thicker and flexible, they dont tear and I assume are waterproof. I'll take some photos of them tomorrow to show you all.

Also my samples of Sihl's stuff is here, but not what I wanted... I'm assuming the mactac stuff is the same as sihl so yea.

Guys, thanks for posting all the good info here, just purchased the cobra Epson 1100 system and went ahead and ordered the Sihl 3988 from sign warehouse.  Looking to do Color Vehicle Magnets, since most of the once I do are 12 x 24" I think I can make this work. 

Had a question about laminate, I have some clear Vinyl that I picked up a while back was wondering if this would work as a laminate, I also have frog juice but think that the clear vinyl would probably last longer your thoughts?

I've been looking at getting an Epson 1100 to do transfers for shirts, but if I can also do stickers and such all the better. Very interesting thread. Would forum members that are using this system be so kind as to post some pics of what you are doing, what vinyl you use and coating, I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

I've been looking at getting an Epson 1100 to do transfers for shirts, but if I can also do stickers and such all the better. Very interesting thread. Would forum members that are using this system be so kind as to post some pics of what you are doing, what vinyl you use and coating, I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

I just posted what I did on it with full details on here: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,26780.0.html

Had a question about laminate, I have some clear Vinyl that I picked up a while back was wondering if this would work as a laminate, I also have frog juice but think that the clear vinyl would probably last longer your thoughts?

Theoretically, it should work. I haven't tried it since I've always just used overlaminate. Depends on what kind of vinyl it is, I'd look at the thickness and the shrinkage rate before using it.

Small signs what is the avery model nos. and which doyou prefer avery or mactac jhelms

Guys, thanks for posting all the good info here, just purchased the cobra Epson 1100 system and went ahead and ordered the Sihl 3988 from sign warehouse.  Looking to do Color Vehicle Magnets, since most of the once I do are 12 x 24" I think I can make this work. 

If you are gonna use it outside, the laminate needs to be UV or it wont last very long.