Sign in to follow this  
TheCustomVinylShop

Roland CAMM-1 CM-400 - Has anyone heard of this? Impressions Needed

I have the opportunity to purchase a Camm1 CM-400 in 40" for around $1000.00 and am wondering if anyone knows anything about it? I am going to purchase either this, or a used panther (Zencut Green I believe) for $800.00

I cant find anything on the internet for the life of me.

This is all that I have found;

http://www.sc-x2.com/files/man/roland/CM-500_400_300.pdf

Any impressions would be greatly appreciated.

here is one in denver

on craigslist

I have a Roland CAMM-1 Cm-400 40" Cutter for sale. This is a great Professional Grade workhorse machine. I have the exact same one, i use on a daily basis. It fired up and cut out the logo shown in the photos! It Could use a new blade, but other than that, its ready to go! The Stand has no wheels, one of the old ones broke, and i removed them

Asking $1500 OBO - will Deliver

Roland makes a good machine > I bought out a sign shop last week and it had an old color camm Roland .....Machine hasnt been running in 6 years  . I cleaned it and it cuts 100%.  But not good as a printer   because Ink Cartridges are expensive  and the machine uses a heat head to transfer the ink to vinyl......they are known to burn out easy and get damaged too...and at 1000   a shot..... michine wasnt worth the trouble.But will make a good back up cutter

Hello All

Does anyone know when the Roland CM-400 was produced. It seems to be pretty aged as it shows drivers for Win95-98-NT

I have the chance to buy one for $950 that claims to be in GREAT shape and I was just wondering if it's worth a 3 hr. drive to look at it.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, 1rogerl2 said:

Hello All

Does anyone know when the Roland CM-400 was produced. It seems to be pretty aged as it shows drivers for Win95-98-NT

I have the chance to buy one for $950 that claims to be in GREAT shape and I was just wondering if it's worth a 3 hr. drive to look at it.

Thanks

here is the manual for it - http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/documents/departments/technical services/manuals and guides/cm300_400_500_use_e_r5.pdf

seeing that above thread shows they was selling for about the price as the one you are looking at 7 years ago - thinking that is a bit high.

• Like 1

The basic underlying technology on these cutters was developed by Hewlett Packard in the late 1950's.

The way these things work has not changed since.

I would offer the guy $500 for his antique machine and cart it outta there. Make sure he shows it operating first.

• Like 1

I made an offer on this CM-400 and it was accepted. My worry is how difficult it's going to be to convert my Graphtec layouts to a Roland layout without having to redesign them all..

Anyone have any advise on this? 

TIA

always save your projects as an .eps and it can be imported into almost all vector software 

• Like 3