Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

Need some help for my daughter's "Crime Scene: Sweet 16..."

I'm hung up on 2 aspects of the planning:

1.  I want to give away shirts as the favor.  But I'm hitting a dead end (no pun intended) on something "fun" to have them say.  I was thinking... "I survived Britt's Crime-Scene: Sweet 16" or "I have an alibi, I was at Britt's Sweet 16" - or something of that nature.  Any suggestions?

and...

2.  I want a luminol effect for the party.  Not in a gross/gory/bloody way - but in more of a forensics/fun way.  I was thinking of cutting a lot of wall vinyl out and contrasting with glow-in-the-dark subliminal messaging/imaging vinyl.  Am I nuts to even think I can pull this off?  Any other feasible suggestions?

That sounds so cool.

I did my daughters sweet 16 with glow in the dark paint in the garage and black lights.

It was really great.

The only problem is that we got hit with a blizzard the afternoon of the party and no one could get to our house.

We ended up having somethin in the summer.

But.....the glow in the dark effect was incredible.

On a black shirt, Yellow stripe with  "Crime Scene - Do Not Cross" text cut out on the front. Have the stripe either vertical down one side or diagonal across the shirt. Your Daughters name, Sweet 16 on the back or do one for each guest with their name on the back.  

Oversized white T shirts marked up like Lab Jackets (Pocket, Lapel with buttons, Name Tag) and  CSI on the back.

Rubber gloves and boot socks must be worn.

Jay, that is really great!!!!

Wow, to be 16 and have someone do that for me........what an honor!!!!!

Great ideas, Jay.  Love the idea of the yellow crime scene stripe.

Silhouettes on the floor, for sure. 

Here is a cool link to things that glow under a black light: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthingswork/f/blblacklight.htmPetroleum jelly glows blue under blacklight, who knew?

You should get some of those handheld blacklights and put various stuff on the walls.

You throw some wicked parties, FSW!

Thanks for the input and ideas!!  We'll be having it at a catering hall - so I'm hoping they won't have a problem with the vinyl! 

Going to check the link now for stuff that glows -- that's awesome!!  Thanks Midwaste!

Hiring a caricaturist to do "police sketches" and renting a photo booth for "mug shots".  I have to really think outside the box for the invitations -- my invites set the mood for the party and are never just a printed invite.  She had a murder mystery party a few years back and the "save the dates" were 8" flesh-colored chocolate feet with real police toe-tags.  The actual invite was a HUGE sheet of black oaktag with a dead body outline and crime scene tape across it.  Attached was an evidence bag that contained each person's script for the mystery play.  The favors for that party were dead body outline towels.  They were AWESOME!!!!! 

For the invites, have a guy go around in a suit and subpoena the guests, like a process server.  Bonus points if you can surprise them at restaurants, school, church, etc.  Make a very official looking letter and scare the crap out of them for a second.

For the invites, have a guy go around in a suit and subpoena the guests, like a process server.   Bonus points if you can surprise them at restaurants, school, church, etc.   Make a very official looking letter and scare the crap out of them for a second.

See, that's the crazy thought I put into my invites.  Usually, they are hand delivered (like the Survivor torches that were left on each person's front lawn with handpainted coconut shells with their name in Hawaiian and a colored bandana...).

I was also thinking of either making a puzzle and putting the party message in black-light only ink - and supplying a blacklight.  Or having a web Flash game created for them to research a crime, find clues, and solve for the invite. 

But.... decor has to be vinyl-inspired - because when you can make just about anything, why not?

LOL Too bad its old we always had this saying way back in the day

post-2057-0-37135400-1341546984.jpg

I want to know how the party turned out. Is the Sargents Wife still active?