ConfusedCutter

Green Noob Here!! Laserpoint 48"??

Hello I am new here! My name is Jaime and I am about to purchase a LaserPoint 48" for our motorcycle shop. We will be using this cutter mainly for stencils for paint jobs (the stencils will be removed after painting) Also, we will be using it to make our own signs, and possibly eventually shirts. If we are able to print with this machine I would liek to do Vinyl car/motorcycle wraps.

I have a couple questions that I would have asked customer support but they are closed.

A.) Can I wrap cars/motorcycles with this machine?

B.) What size vinyl can fit into this machine? And, what kind of vinyl should I start with?

C.) Should I get a weeding and applying kit or just buy the stuff I need separate? And, what stuff is REALLY necessary.

D.) Can this machine print directly on the vinyl? If so where do I get the ink?

E.) Is it worth it? Is this machine a good machine? Will it do everything I want it to and more?

Thank you everyone in advance for looking at my post, I know it's long winded! If anyone knows the answers to these questions please reply nicely, I am a newbie, so yes, I know some of these questions might be silly.

You would need at least a 60" to do vehicle wraps right. But motorcycles will work. 48" rolls will work. I weed with an x-acto knife and a dental pick. The weeding kits are just the way sign companies make more money off of you. Just be sure to get good application tape. I use mainly R-tape because it has just the right tack and ease of application. I can't tell you about the laser point because I have never seen one run. But like any other cutter it will do the job as long as you learn the machine. Hope that helps. From what I have heard the Pcut's are a much better machine.

A.) Can I wrap cars/motorcycles with this machine?You would be able to wrap a motorcycle, but probably not a car.  You would have quite a few seams with a car.  You really need a 60" machine for that and they can run as much as $40K.

B.) What size vinyl can fit into this machine? And, what kind of vinyl should I start with?  You can use anything up to 48" in the machine.  Be advised that the cutter is a cutter only.  

C.) Should I get a weeding and applying kit or just buy the stuff I need separate? And, what stuff is REALLY necessary. This is a matter of choice actually.  I bought everything separate.  You may or may not use some of the stuff in the kit.  I use 4inch squeegees, x-acto knives, a rotary cutter, homemade app fluid, papertowels, and dental picks from harbor freight for weeding.

D.) Can this machine print directly on the vinyl? If so where do I get the ink?  This machine is a cutter only.  There is no ink.  The LP is for contour cutting AFTER YOU HAVE PRINTED ON SPECIAL VINYL WITH A SPECIAL PRINTER.  I was confused when I bought my 24" LP.  I do stencils for airbrushing on motorcycles and ATV's (and some race cars).  I have used the 24inch without a problem.

E.) Is it worth it? Is this machine a good machine? Will it do everything I want it to and more?  I have an LP24, but I wish I had purchased a p-cut or roland.  I hope to upgrade soon.  The LP is a good starter machine though.

If I can help in any other way, pm me and we'll talk on the phone if you need.

Bridget

Thank you for the replies!! I think we will be buying the P-cut48 instead of the LP48 but if the pcut is better, why is the LP more expensive? Also does the P-cut contour cut like the LP?

Thank you for the replies!! I think we will be buying the P-cut48 instead of the LP48 but if the pcut is better, why is the LP more expensive? Also does the P-cut contour cut like the LP?

Theya are both basically the same machine. The Laserpoint adds the laser to align for Contour Cut capabilities. I had a PCut and wished I would have bought the laserpoint. It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to print out decals then trim a contour aound the decal you will want the Laserpoint. If you don't plan on doing any contour cutting buy the cheaper PCut.

Okay, I am definitely getting the P-cut. hehe. Thanks for everyones help!

good choise

and Welcome from Michigan

Guest kenya

You'll love the pcut.

Welcome from Florida. :thumbsup: