zx360

finally fed up (corners and incomplete cuts)

Ive read the "Rounded edges ?" thread and the noobie guide and ive adjusted the blade offset (signblazer) and my cuts still have rounded edges, and half the time the cuts arent completed. can anyone help? short of calling customer service and trying to deal with that again. can someone give some advice besides the noobie guide and the rounded edges thread?

cutk.jpg

isn't there an offset adjustment on the p-cut itself?  that is offset!

unfortunately I no longer have a p-cut so i can look at it but I am sure there is an offset adjustment - if I remember correctly you take the cutter off line and go thru the menu to find it

ill list them.: press, test, repeat, CutSpeed, x_scale, y_scale, Baud and the x-y location.

I just pmed Bannerjohn to jump in on this as he still has a p-cut. I really can't remember and dont have the machine in front of me to find it

i appreciate all the help. i have a series of really detailed decals (that i got the silver and gold from you for) and ive spent 3 days weeding because of the incomplete cuts and no matter what i cant get them figured.

Everything is great on larger things. Cut a 20x3 decal last night every cut was spot on, but squares, circles and smaller text never seems to complete.

I wish I could help, but I've never had that problem,and haven't had the pcut long enough to fool around with the menu and settings.Maybe someone here who uses one every day can help.

i calibrated the machine, it was off about 1/16" then re-cut some small text, it was better, but still not what i think it should be. Parts of 3 of the 4 "O"s werent completed and it didnt finish an "A"

its better but still not what i would think it should be.

I don't use SB, but in Flexi there is an 'overcut' setting. Is there anything like that in SB?

not that ive been able to find.

Take note in SB the offset is in MM I think?

Pcut machines do not have offset INSIDE.

Try lower speed to see if this enhances the corner problem.

Some newer pcuts only run at a 50 or 60 speed as lowest.

Mine runs down to 10 what ever speed that is.

Tell yours as lowest?

Try the pen and paper and 0 offset and see if the corner is OK.

Check blade for free rotating.

What happens if you set offset to very large number does it oversquare the corner?

Paco

for this small test i am cutting it at the slowest speed (10)

it seems that the slower the machine goes the worse the corner issue, however i cant cut 1/4" text on higher speeds without ripping up edges.

Ill try the pen at 0 offset.

blade is free and rotating fine.

If i set the offset high it makes the spiked corners.

appreciate the help guys!

also just a little tip next time you have the blade out put a drop of 3 in 1, sewing machine or reel oil in the holder to keep it moving freely

Hmmmmmmmmm,

Something broken on the carriage arm?

Does it do this with every type of foil you use?

Paco

nothing is broken, ive only had the machine 6 months or so. Ive looked and everything looks prime. and it happens with any brand of vinyl, i use 3m and oracal

Ok eliminating all possible and known problems.

OK back to the plotter test.

How that looks? Does it complete all ends?

Did you checked the hexagons crews that are in the ends of the large feed rollers?

If they are a little loose after 6 months of hard work this could be a problem too.

It must be something very simple, the question is what............is it.

Let us know.

Paco

Just another thought,  you don't have the thumb screw that holds the blade holder too tight wear it is hitting the machine not allowing it to go up and down freely?

Ok eliminating all possible and known problems.

OK back to the plotter test.

How that looks? Does it complete all ends?

Did you checked the hexagons crews that are in the ends of the large feed rollers?

If they are a little loose after 6 months of hard work this could be a problem too.

It must be something very simple, the question is what............is it.

Let us know.

Paco

For the plotter test, i was cutting a square, ends were completed but rounded corners.

Which feed rollers? (new to the tems so im not sure which rollers you mean)

The cutter has never really completed cuts, ive just dealt with it.

Just another thought,   you don't have the thumb screw that holds the blade holder too tight wear it is hitting the machine not allowing it to go up and down freely?

i checked the thumb screw and though its tight its not protruding from the holder to where it would rub.

i appreciate all the help guys, so many things i never thought to look at or check.

It may just be the offset?  Should be 0.25mm but I would start at 0.15 and then just keep going up a little at a time until you are at 0.35 and see which one is best if that helps?

For an explanation of OFFSET, review

ive tried everything from 0 offset up to .40 and there is always either rounded edges or spiked corners. i can never find that sweet spot :

ive tried everything from 0 offset up to .40 and there is always either rounded edges or spiked corners. i can never find that sweet spot :

I had a pcut and it always cut the corners nice and sharp I was new and had some issues but they were all my stupid asses fault and rounded corners was never one of them.

It must me something else other than offset then and you will just need to keep looking for what it is.  Like everyone always says make sure the blade is sharp and in good shape if you have a magnifying glass I would look at the tip very closely they are so small if you had to much pressure at one time you could have broken the tip and not even know it.  Make sure the blade rotates around freely and that there is no build up of small little dots of vinyl stuck inside the holder.  Clean it all with some alcohol and then add a drop of 3 and 1 oil to it.  Last make sure all the screws and everything is on track.  It can  be frustration but is probably something simple and you just haven't discovered it yet...

And have you tried a new blade?  If you had cut any gold or reflective vinyl that will dull the blade real quick....