Sign in to follow this  
bruce99g

871... not fully cutting vinyl, dragging blade problems

Hi there,

I've opened a ticket, but I haven't seen any activity on it yet and figured I'd post in the forum to see if anyone has a fix for this. 

I recently bought this cutter used as I bought out a sign shop. For the first two weeks I had zero problem with the cutter with working with cutting both regular vinyl and also tshirt vinyl. I has approximately 50 working hours on this machine when I started encountering problems.

While cutting tshirt vinyl, I found that the cutter was starting to cut through the plastic on certain letters of the vinyl. At this point, I decided to change the blade in case I was working with a dull blade. Upon doing so is when all of these problems started.

I am having a problem with getting the blade to plot the vinyl in order to weed. Also, it is dragging the blade across the vinyl while it's plotting. When done, you can see the outline of what was cut, however it is not cut enough to wear I can do anything with. In fact, if I try to pull the vinyl away from the paper, it acts like I didnt even cut anything.

This is going on, while the blade seems to be dragging across the vinyl. The blade is marking the vinyl while trying to cut. In fact you can see just about every line it is making as it makes it's curves across the vinyl.

I've had the previous owner look at it and he was able to make it work one time but it seems to not have completely fixed the problem. I've tried adjusting blade length, as well as the spring within the contacts and I can't seem to get this fixed.