ddm00767

How do I cut this with the colors?

:thumbsup:

Hi gang, newbie here with mega question. I have my possible first job, but involves a logo with colors. I think I got it in inkscape ok in b/w but how do I set it up to later cut the colors? If I could get exact steps to do this it would be super so I could follow it on next projects! Attached is the original file and the eps I got in inkscape. I saved it in .eps.

Thanks for any help!

marsters original.eps

marsters7.eps

marsters original.eps

marsters7.eps

Import your design to SignBlazer.

Select it. Arrange + Split Objects.

Select each part that you want to change color then select the color you want to change it to at the bottom of the screen.

marsters_new.EPS

Thank you. But I don't want to change the colors; I want to print the logo with the current colors. My question is how do I make the cutter prepare the area for the colored areas, then just print them? I have the black areas set, but then I'm thinking I have to run the orange and red vinyls separately, then make layers so they all show? If this is correct, how do I prepare each layer so it only cuts the areas needed for each color?

Create some registration marks on the outside of the design in a color that you haven't used yet.

In the cut window you select the colors you want to cut seperately.

Select the registration mark color and one of the colors in your design each time until all of the colors have been cut. (hold ctrl down to select multiple colors.)

Use the registration marks to align your layers.

ok, put this file sent in by Jay (thanks so much!) in signblazer, then into cutting window. I see the colors there where you can choose each. Looks like it might work! Hopefully can repeat the steps. Ah registration marks. I found them and applied. So these are used to maintain placements?

Thanks Jay!

FINALLY we figured out how to cut everything including the letters and mount the different parts of the logo. It's been quite a learning experience today. lol With this one sign I think we've learned enough to get through a few more projects.At least I have the files all set up in case we run more signs, next ones should be much easier!  :thumbsup:

One more question..is there a special way to load the vinyl on the roller so it doesn't keep unrolling? I use the cutter in the origin right end. Is there a better way? The vinyl sometimes runs crooked, even with the pressure feet used.

That is the way I do it. I will take the cutter off line and run the vinyl in and out a couple of time to make sure it track straight. If it doesn't I make minor adjustments (lift one roller and shift the vinyl a little.) to line it up.

Thanks again Jay, you are a real lifesaver! I will keep this in mind when working again.