Sign in to follow this  

OK

So I am new to this used Cutter/Plotter. I finally got the blade to start in right position, but now it rips the paper. I have the pressure at 74, speed at 20 and using 2mil vinyl. The blade is barely sticking out.

Is the blade dull or to much pressure?

Have you asked the previous owner if he had this problem??  I am not familiar with the Pcut but if it has a removeable blade hoder like my Graphtec, take it out and try cutting some vinyl by hand with it  (just use a scrap taped to your weeding table ) ..If you cannot get it to cut by hand at the proper depth something is wrong with the blade or blade holder.. gotta have a sharp blade, no gunk gumming it up, blade has to rotate easily..(Watch out a good blade is SHARP !!)..

If you can make decent cuts thru just the vinyl and not cutting the backing paper, install the blade holder and play around with your pressure settings...Good luck!

I have come to the conclusion that the blade is dead. If I take it off and try and cut by hand, it is very difficult.

The previous owner, had problems with it too. That is why they gave it to me

Thanks for your help

Have you asked the previous owner if he had this problem??  I am not familiar with the Pcut but if it has a removeable blade hoder like my Graphtec, take it out and try cutting some vinyl by hand with it  (just use a scrap taped to your weeding table ) ..If you cannot get it to cut by hand at the proper depth something is wrong with the blade or blade holder.. gotta have a sharp blade, no gunk gumming it up, blade has to rotate easily..(Watch out a good blade is SHARP !!)..

If you can make decent cuts thru just the vinyl and not cutting the backing paper, install the blade holder and play around with your pressure settings...Good luck!