Sign in to follow this  

OK

So I am new to this used Cutter/Plotter. I finally got the blade to start in right position, but now it rips the paper. I have the pressure at 74, speed at 20 and using 2mil vinyl. The blade is barely sticking out.

Is the blade dull or to much pressure?

slow it down to the slowest speed , put force so it just barely cuts,. and raise the blade til it is barely sticking out at all. Work from there.  Do test cuts with your machine, until you do cut perfect.  Start adding a little force , til it just cuts the vinyl without cutting the backing paper. 

OK so I have been messing with pressure.

60 does not cut it

62 cuts thru all of it (vinyl and paper backing)

What next?

make sure your blade is just barely sticking out of the holder,  just barely see it.  it only needs about 2.5mm to cut your vinyl .. If your cutter has two holes for your blade holder.  make sure it is in the back hole.  The pen goes in the front hole.  And make sure the carriage head, is firmly in it's track.

Blade is set at that depth

here are other setting

Weed Value 0    Curve Resolution  5    Panel Overlap 0    Knife Offset 5

Start Point Orientation is checked

Depth ZDown 0    Work Surface 0    Height Zup      0  ZStep 100

maybe you could download the FREE Signblazer software and someone can get you going with it.  I don't use it either. 

If you would write your relavant info in your signature,  no one has to keep asking.    See it in mine?  Where it says Graphtec Flexistarter,  Toshiba.  ...  It sure helps. 

it was just  a basic question.  The reasons that your cutter would be cutting thru the vinyl. My problem solving  applys to ANY vinyl cutter,  not just a Pcut. Any cutter will perform like that, if not set up right.    Blade too far out,  too much force,  blade not turning. It applys to any cutter.  Just trying to help.

another basic problem solving,  for ANY vinyl cutter,   make sure  your cutting strip is firmly down all the way across your cutter, take a squeegee and run across it.   and no big goughes/scrapes  in it

Guest debogus

"Depth ZDown 0    Work Surface 0    Height Zup      0  ZStep 100"

I also don have any of your setup but.....

I do have a cnc router.

All of these z = 0 items would seem to be a issue .

Software doesn't have a help file?

2 numbers on your preasure shouldnt have such a drastic change ,nor having the blade holder off a little.

Maybe the z down should be +/- the carrier sheet thickness ?

anything else you want from me?

Just a word of advice.

Don't bite the hands that feed you.

To get snotty with people on here, no one will help you.

Everyone here is friendly with the each and have been talking for years.

Speed was trying to help with some GENERAL troubleshooting.  Since you did not signify what you were using, she gave you GENERAL advice.

Just some advice

Your 2cents Not Needed

Any you won't get any help from me either with that attitude.  this is a friendly forum for the most part . . .nice first impression :thumbsup:  Speed helps lots of people and Mack is very nice person. sounds like you don't want anyones advice!  Give signs101 a try

Your 2cents Not Needed

Any you won't get any help from me either with that attitude.  this is a friendly forum for the most part . . .nice first impression :thumbsup:  Speed helps lots of people and Mack is very nice person. sounds like you don't want anyones advice!  Give signs101 a try

:thumbsup:

Your 2cents Not Needed

I am faithful to my friends and have their back.

Speed is very knowledgable and helps many people with problems.

Don't believe me, look through the post history.

As for my "2cents", I still live in America and have the right to speak my mind.

I wasn't trying to be snotty or anything, I just wanted to give you some advice regarding this forum.

You have an opportunity to have a whole team of people at your back helping you get off the ground, yet you act this way, just because you didn't get the answer you wanted.

Now, to get snotty, with your attitude, you won't make it in this business.  This business is a people business and you are undoubtedly not a people person.

Best of luck to you at another forum.

Thanks Dakota for having my back, like a good friend does!!!!

thanks Dakota,  and Mac  I will go on and help someone that can be helped...If it is something I can help with.  I don't know how to operate every vinyl cutter, and never claimed to know. but I do go look at that person's user manual for their particular machine, and try and find an answer, which is probably MORE than they do.  Some people just want everyone to do the work for them.  thanks for haveing my back.  :thumbsup:

dugzphoto>  hope you have better luck at another  forum..... :thumbsup: