Sign in to follow this  
edge

SignCut Pro w/dongle on the fritz ??

SignCut Pro w/dongle has been cutting fine until yesterday. Perhaps I errored in asking my computer to multitask by copying a vector to a thumb drive for another computer while actively cutting with SignCut...I don't know. I do know now midway into a cut, the copam has a mind of it's own, first it cuts long lines across the project, then it parks the blade to the side and scrolls the vinyl until I react. Checked to insure the file I was launching from Corel wasn't corrupt. Next I reinstalled SignCut Pro. None of the projects I tried are large and none exceed the vinyl parameters. Several times when I interrupt the bad cut; SignCut Pro has locked on me. Guess I'll have to ponder this overnight.

As an aside, both times I've installed SignCut Pro, I get a quick flash that McAfee has blocked a Trojan. It flashes to fast for me to get all the details..however I don't think it's nefarious..but rather something associated with SignCut.

Any suggestions?  

I looked at the project in Corel giving me issues again and decided it may not be as flaw free as thought. Don't know if it's an open segment that I just don't see or whatever. Had the same project in SignBlazer, so that was a solution.

Was gonna go with John's suggestion..then decided to look at my program files before hand. In spite of removing SignCut X2 thru the XP control panel previously, I found it's program file still there; just chocked full of stuff. Did another removal of it and SignCut Pro as I wondered about conflict between the two, then reinstalled Pro. McAfee apparently has only quarantined the suspect file during install. I suppose I should release the file, but Pro is back to cutting as it should with the exception of that one project...so I'm gonna leave things as they are for now. Thanks