CreatedByAmy

HELP with laserpoint 24 cutter

:thumbsup:

I have a US cutter laserpoint 24, here is my problem.  I have problems with the cutter cutting when I am in my home office.  I took it to a show the past 3 weekends and not problems what so ever.  So I am trying to narrow down things that may be interferring.  I moved my wireless router, unpluged it, turned off all electric producing items like the TV, unplugged the computer and did not have my embroidery machine on,  still not cutting a single item.

Please help I have about 7 things that need to be done yesterday and not having any luck.  I even tried plugging in the computer and cutter in the same extension cord set up like a the shows and still no luck.  I am plugging it all in to a dedicated outlet that has it's own circuit breaker.

Amy

It will start cutting and then it stops and states it is waiting.  It will do about 1 or 4 letters of a design then stop.  I have it set on the stand it came with could that be the problem?

not sure on the laserpoint but on the refines they have to have a ground wire gun from the stand to the plotter - if I remember right the lp has screws that conned the unit to the stand so it is just a matter of bare metal contacting the screw at both ends.  this time of year the cutters create a lot of static with the vinyl and cause a multitude of errors.  might be another one to eliminate! another possibility is to change to high quality usb cable if you are  using one or many people have just gone back to a serial port to eliminate communication errors

Are you using the same computer at home as the show? Also what interface you are connecting to? Serial or USB or Parallel. If you're connecting to USB, do you have other USB devices connected as well at home?

Yes same computer I have only one business computer.  I have changed the USB cords several times. I have tried the serial and my laptop does not have so I had to use the serial adapter to usb and that did not work at all.  I am basicaly stuck with usb.  I am trying to put it on a plastic cart and see if that works.  the machine is either on wood or plastic tables at the shows.

Well I have good news to report although going to be a pain, it must be the stand i put it on a plastic cart and works fine.  I never got a ground wire for one of the screws.  So I guess at this point I am going to put the stand away and make life easier.  Now if I can just get myself to make designs smaller than the vinyl so they don't go off the paper we will be good.

thanks for all the input

You might also want to talk to Levi.

He set my computer up so that my cutting program didn't send the output out so fast and overload the board on my LP24.

I haven't had a problem since he did that.

Here is a picture of the wire I put in between my stand and the vinyl rollers that eliminated similar problems I was having.

Sorry for the lousy picture, but the wire is just wrapped around the end of the vinyl roller and screwed under one of the screws attaching the stand to the cutter.  If this doesn't work, it may mean that your screws holding the cutter to the stand are not making contact with metal in the cutter chassis and grounding via the plug.

post-2583-12986550805336_thumb.jpg

post-2583-12986550816996_thumb.jpg