williamssignco

Copam CP-2500 Setup Problems

I have a Copam CP-2500, Vista and Flexi 8.1.  I have install the DGI driver and someone posted on another post.  When I send a job to the plotter it does not cut the image.  It cuts 3 or 4 lines at angles and after each of them it goes back to start and cut a little circle.  After loading the material I hit measure and it does the function but it stop abour 3 to 4 inches it from where it begin at startup.  Is this correct?  I would really appreciate any help.  Thanks!!

PS it is connection with the USB.

I know this is an older one, but nobody responded, so did you get it figured out?

No it has not been resolved. They told me at uscutter there was no driver for my version of FS. I have since upgraded to Windows 7 and still have the same problem. I would appreciate all help thanks

I thought the DGI OM-60 was already in Flexi, and did not need to be installed, yet just selected. You making sure you are looking in Vinyl Cutters, and not Printers for FS when selecting?

I have tried the Flexi Driver pack and the DGI-60 driver to not avail.  Neither will work.  I really appreciate your help.  Thanks!!

J

If the driver doesn't work for you but does work for others - I don't use that driver - I would look at the usb hookup as the culprit - many people have had their problems solved by using the parallel port (you might have to buy an IO card - or do like I did and buy a dedicated computer for cutting)  Maybe not the answer you hoped for - but I haven't had any problems with the setup I have. 

-Mike

Yes, the parallel port card works very well. I run Vista 64 and have had not one issue. I have even cut from cad.

Again, this is an old one but any answers on this?  I am having the EXACT same issue.  I know it's not the plotter because it cuts fine in signblazer. 

The only difference is I have a 3500.  I have tried serial port, USB, and parallel all to no avail. 

Anything? Please?

:huh:

No, this is now on a windows machine with flexi.  That was for my Mac, which I gave up on and got a windows machine.  Now I'm having this exact problem.  I'm going to reinstall flexi tomorrow and go from there.  I'm really just at a loss at this point.  Had the machine since Tuesday and can't get it to cut normally.. I'm assuming it's a driver problem of sorts, just not sure what the problem is.  I've tried all the suggested drivers though.  Copam 3500, DGI OM60, Roland PNC1000.  I've tried parallel, USB, USB to serial (keyspan) adaptor, serial.. UGH..

I'm optimistic though!! :huh: