Sign in to follow this  
ainakeaboy

So I just got a epson 1400

Hey yall , My new toy just arrived today , an epson 1400  :angry: and  some papilio paper , Jetpro soft stretch and some temp tattoo ink taransfers . Is this a good printer to start with ?does any member have this printer ?  If so what are you doing with it ? tshirts , stickers etc. Just want some info on these printers and what they are capable of . Thanks  :thumbsup:

I use mine mainly for screenprinting positives.  1400's do print amazing photo quality images though.

I think the 1400 uses the Epson Claria ink... which is supposed to be more water resistant than regular dye ink. I haven't used it on T-shirt transfers so I don't know how well it compares with pigment ink. But for decals, make sure you laminate them. The ink isn't UV resistant.

Guest sciondrgn

The 1400 is in deed the Claria ink. It is a dye based ink. It does great for photos with the addition of some extra shades of color and such and does have better water resistance that the older dye inks out there but just personally I have better results with pigment inks like what comes in the 1100 for t-shirts

I use mine mainly for screenprinting positives.  1400's do print amazing photo quality images though.

do you ned a rip? what brand positives?

sorry! don't mean to hijack!