Sign in to follow this  
CoopDawg

Vinyl Crinkling Up

I havent used my cutter for a while and when I try to cut something the vinly crinkles up.  I am afraid I left my rollers pressed down for a few months. Is this why it crinkles? Are the rollers replaceable? I couldnt find em for sale on the main site. Only the blades.

thanks

Have you tried to turn them by hand or watched them to see if they are turning.  Try putting some wd40 or something on them and work the wheels with your hands and see if you can get them going again smoothly with a little oil.  And yes they do sell them us cutter has these?

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/search.asp?keyword=Pinch+Roller+&search.x=4&search.y=7

Fire thats funny I had just found them and after I posted I saw you did as well while I was searching LOL

you don't have a pressure roller between the bottom grit rollers do you?

What I am saying is if you have one of the rollers in the middle it will line up between the grit rollers on the bottom and cause the vinyl to crinkle up

I did that once!  Wasn't paying attention and set the roller in the wrong place without noticing where it was.  If the roller comes down the the silver shiny spot between the two grit rollers (when you lock them in place), it won't work right.