Sign in to follow this  
Betterbait

I really need some help here Pictures tell the story

It looks good, but absolutely no reviews or info about it.  I hate to be the ginny-pig but from my experience with the PCUT, I don't really have much other options in this price range.  I would love to drop  1k on a Graphtec, but just don't have the $$.  My choices are to refund all my sales and get out or plunge back in with another lower end model. 

I here what your saying about the warranty thing.  I think they are based in Japan, so that would be alot to ship both ways for any repairs.  The sales person at signwarehouse talked me right out of there R series Vinyl Express (red sail).  I think it would be worse than the PCUT.  I guess my options are down to either the laser 24 from USCutter or the GCC Expert 24.  And what the heck do I do with this 730 paperweight?  LOL

It looks good, but absolutely no reviews or info about it.  I hate to be the ginny-pig but from my experience with the PCUT, I don't really have much other options in this price range.  I would love to drop  1k on a Graphtec, but just don't have the $$.  My choices are to refund all my sales and get out or plunge back in with another lower end model. 

I here what your saying about the warranty thing.  I think they are based in Japan, so that would be alot to ship both ways for any repairs.  The sales person at signwarehouse talked me right out of there R series Vinyl Express (red sail).  I think it would be worse than the PCUT.  I guess my options are down to either the laser 24 from USCutter or the GCC Expert 24.  And what the heck do I do with this 730 paperweight?  LOL

I had a look at the feedback and those who bought it certainly seem to think highly of it.

Generally, the pCut seems to be a good machine..I have one. It's mostly for back-up but when I have used it, it worked great. I think you need to explore the idea of geting the one you have fixed .

If the problem is still eratic and you say you think the head stops for a milisecond it could be a cable connector problem between head and motherboard.

Check this first as it is free.

There are no encoders who can get dirty these are 4 coil stepping motors.

It looks the vinyl feeding is OK so it must be head movement.

Open the machine and check for loosend cable connectors.

Paco

I had a look at the feedback and those who bought it certainly seem to think highly of it.

Generally, the pCut seems to be a good machine..I have one. It's mostly for back-up but when I have used it, it worked great. I think you need to explore the idea of geting the one you have fixed .

I would like to get it fixed but need something that will work now and then see about fixing it. 

100 plus shipping if anybody wants to screw with it

If you decide to split them up, I'll give you $40 just for teh stand.+ shipping. My brother bought one without teh stand and always wanted one.

Just an update.  I did order 1 of the GCC Expert 24 plotters and spoke to a rep at GCC.  The main reason there is no info out there yet is because it is just to new a model to have any solid reviews.  I appologize to US Cutter that I did not purchase from them, but after all the problems I have had with the PCUT and lack of funds to purchase a higher end machine I made the choice to try a different brand.  It does come with a 15 monthg warranty at no extra cost to me so it just seemed like the right choice.  Once I receive it and get set back up and using the Expert, I will gladly post a review of it.  Maybe US Cutter will carry it in the future.  At the price of $350 with the warranty from the manufacturer it just may be a smart choice. 

As far as my PCUT, I will take offers on it with or without the stand.  It is a USB Model Only CR 730 Creation PCut.  I have the original disc that came with it, but the Software (Signcut) Obviously is not transferable and only have a few months left on it anyway. 

Thanks for everyones help

Scott

I wanted to give it a few more days of actual use, but I am pleased.

Pros:

15 month warranty (US Office in California)

Much quieter than the PCUT(no loud fan)

Auto edge find on material

True USB & serial ports (cables included)

Simple install of drivers

Works with Corel Draw

Smoother operation

Price was right?  350 plus ship

Came with extra cut strip

Came with a desktop stand in addition to full stand

VLCD Display on Computer (set force,speed,media, offset)

I tell it what to cut and it actually does it

Blade Holder has a "clamp on" instead of a screw to tighten.

Cons:

Tech support not so good (all depends who you speak with)

Only came with 1 Blade

New cutting software (had to learn it all over again)

Rollers are nice and tight (but need to be in specific places to track correctly)

Specific locations for rollers dont really line up with 15" material

No manual over ride for auto detect on material

I am still working with it daily, so will answer any questions if you have them.  Over all it is a much higher quality than the Pcut and how can you go wrong for the price and warranty. 

I would definitely recomend it as a start-up cutter and a shop back-up. 

looks like a good cutter. Both videos I found on YouTube showing it cutting had loud music playing, and I could still hear the cutter. I wish there was a video without the music.

I have basically the same model except mine has the servos instead of the stepper motors. I love it. It is ten times more accurate that the PCut ever was.