Sign in to follow this  
krys10g

Need help with making text proportional using CorelDraw

Hi everyone,

I am soooooo hoping someone can help me. I know there has to be a simple answer for my problem and I can not seem to figure it out, and it is driving me crazy.

Say I want to cut the name "Stephanie" and I set it up in CorelDraw and I make the font size 24pts, and I send it to the Graphtec and I make the width of the name 8" and it cuts. Then two days later I want to cut the name "Amy" but I want it to be the same size proportionaly that "Stephanie" was, I can't figure out how to do that. Even if I make "Amy" the font size of 24pts in Corel, that seems to have nothing to do with the final size that you cut, correct? It is all based on the width and length you enter once you send it to the cutter, true? So, I have just been manually trying to guess what the finished width of "Amy" would be to be the same size as "Stephanie".

I hope you can understand what I am saying, and I hope someone can tell me what a dummy I am and how easy it is to make this come out right. I am totally frustrated.

Thank you!

Kristen :'(

I think I understand what your saying.... I would make "Stephanie" the size you want it then save that file when you go to cut "Amy" open the file and just erase "Stephanie"  and type in "Amy" and it should use all the settings saved in that file from when you cut "Stephanie"

Hope this helps

MM64  :thumbsup:

I think I understand what your saying.... I would make "Stephanie" the size you want it then save that file when you go to cut "Amy" open the file and just erase "Stephanie"  and type in "Amy" and it should use all the settings saved in that file from when you cut "Stephanie"

Hope this helps

Thank you for your help, but I don't see how I could do that, because I would have to save the "Stephanie" file in Corel, there isn't a way (that I know of) to save it from the Cut/Plot screen where you set the width, nor is there a way to change the text in the Cut/Plot screen. You have to do all of that in CorelDraw and then send it to the cutter where you set the width. Do you see what I am saying? I just believe there isn't a way to make this work. It would seem to me if I made a word a certain font size, 24pt for example that it would be that size when you send it to the cutter, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Argh. Thankyou for your input.  Kristen

I would think if you use the same file in CorelDraw for both names before you send it to the cut window they would be the same...  :thumbsup: