Sign in to follow this  
kpsxtyone

Printing on coated vinyl?

Hi,

I am looking to print decals and need help looking for a desktop printer. Maybe something that can handle 11" wide paper? Any suggestions can help.

I basically want to print little stickers for my moms day care to start and maybe something bigger later but not like 15" wide stickers:)

I was looking for some hp but don't know which to choose.

thanks!

Office Depot has some sticker paper that you can print little stickers on.

It's an Avery product, I believe.

will the Epson with the MACtac vinyl be enough for automotive decals? (just around 2 x 5 printed decals)

I am not sure where i can purchase the MACtac vinyl locally. I know an art store here in toronto its called currys. I will check if they know the make of the vinyl.

Guest sciondrgn

I have the epson 1100 and have printed with the pappilio vinyl with really good results.. I just seal the vinyl with frog juice before cutting them out.

sorry about this question but what do you mean about frog juice? where can i purchase this?

On my way to look for the epson :thumbsup:

soo true :thumbsup:

BTW i just got a giftcard for HP... anyone here used an HP printer? if so what model or what HP printer would you recommend.

Thanks !!!

The HP Photosmart Pro B8850 is an 8-color pigment printer, prints up to 13"x19"... It's on sale at HP for about $350 right now.

thank you very much.. looks like a really nice wide format printer.. any reviews or opinion with this printer?

i hope they make those optional ink system so i dont die when i have to buy new ink :thumbsup:

ok. I just ordered the hp printer and will be here in 3 - 5 days. In the meantime i will look for printable white vinyl to test. Unfortunately closest store is Staples. any one in the Toronto area can direct me to some samples i can use to test?

shipping from US cost so much.