Sign in to follow this  
Toolman

One I made Today

Made this sign today. I am going to install it Saturday..I know same type of frame as the last but that's how he wanted it.Looks like that is going to be my trademark.

post-7100-12986550556051_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550567113_thumb.jpg

Thanks  Big Foot and MabScott, Yes Mab on roof Metal again I am in Harlan southeast corner where Ky Tn an Va meet up..

Maybe its just the angle of the picture but it looks to me like the curve for the lettering on the top is not centered and the spacing seems weird...... apart from that its some good work right there!!

Maybe its just the angle of the picture but it looks to me like the curve for the lettering on the top is not centered and the spacing seems weird...... apart from that its some good work right there!!

It is the angle i took 4 pics straight on but the flash kept bouncing back , turned off the flash then it was too dark so i shot it at an angle.. The spacing is kinda weird  double between the R T and double between T and welding. More of an attention getter than anything, guess it worked got yours , now I just hope it gets everyone elses  BTW thanks for all nice work remarks from everyone. I really appreciate them

Guest manwayvan

what vinyl did you use on that? I like the look of it

what vinyl did you use on that? I like the look of it

The Small Diamond Plate Kinda thought it went with the welding shop...got it at Sign Warehouse Beacon has it too.. and THANKS. I used it on our Boy Scout Trailer I will post a pic of it

Guest manwayvan

Thanks alot it looks killer and def goes with the theme.I like your frames also..If you dont mind me asking what are you using to cut the metal with? Tin Snips?

Thanks Man   I cut the tin with a circular saw and a paneling blade.. Just be sure and have safety goggles it really throws the chips but works great kinda leaves a rough edge but  I always cover it with the frame.   oh yeah use an old saw kinda messes with the bearings.

I have an old one  that i only use for sawing metal  also cuts sign aluminum too..Hey did you ge the pm with the ph number to metal  shop?

A pic of My Scout trailer taken in the dark I will get one in the day and post it..

post-7100-12986550616181_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550632381_thumb.jpg

Guest manwayvan

Sure did and thanks alot I will give them a ring here soon..I havent had any business in a little while..Glad to see your stayin busy though

Toolman and everyone you know to cut metal easier (lightweight) turn your saw blade backwards the teeth wont grab so cutting is so much smoother  and easier on a good saw usually I do use panelling blade but any will work backwards just be safe ( glasses and appropriate safeetymeasures and hang on to th saw till blade stops it is hard to put signs up missing fingers) jhelms

So true on the fingers keep mine beat up enough working on trucks and cars...

Got it put up this morning here's a pic

A couple of pics of my Scout trailer I did

post-7100-12986550618225_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550618592_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550634025_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550634299_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550658708_thumb.jpg

post-7100-12986550669585_thumb.jpg

Guest manwayvan

Hey man I wanted to say thanks for taking your time to help with the scouts..

Thanks Guy's  As for taking time  to do Scouts  Man I have as much fun as they do. Been doing it now for a bout 8yrs. We have  4 Eagles in the Troop 1 is my son,got his Eagle at age 16 heWas my first Eagle he and another boy Eagled the same night.. Both are now Asst Scoutmasters that was 4 yrs ago. Had 2 since them..